Thread: Help me find my type!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Help me find my type!

I tend to get 1 so/sp on Enneagram. My wing changes from 2 to 9 and back at random intervals. I know for sure I'm an IN__, but that's all I know for certain.

I am generally a quietly friendly individual, usually very polite, and concerned with and curious about other peoples' opinions but not at all quick to approach people. I am serious and passionate, have a weird sense of humor, and I'm generally rather understanding of people, but not afraid to call them on being ridiculous, selfish, or irresponsible if it's really a problem. I like musing over theories. I love books - both writing and reading them -, and I spend a lot of time thinking about the characters and their motivations and interactions. I also love music. I'm planning on majoring in counseling psych. with a classical voice minor. I'm highly interested in psychology, religions, languages, basically anything that relates to humanity. My friends and family consider me "insightful". I'm good at choosing gifts for people. I'm known for being organized - people tell me that even my messes are organized - if there's nowhere to put a pile of stuff that I have in my room, I at least try to make it look well-arranged. I'm usually the person who puts forth the effort to make the "new person" or "stranger" in a group feel more assimilated and comfortable with compliments and curiosity rather than falling into the usual patterns of in-jokes and gossip about people the "new person" doesn't know, but nobody ever puts forth the same effort for me most of the time. I'm extremely self critical. I never think I "have it together" enough, that I'm nice enough, that I'm doing enough with my time, that I give enough appreciation, that I'm smart or well-read enough, etc. I'm very moralistic, to a point that's alien to a lot of my peers. I love having deep, heartfelt conversations with people, especially on cool summer nights. I get very excited about projects I come up with, and strive to carry them out in the best way possible. I make decisions very easily and prefer to be efficient in implementing them, but living with people who are the complete opposite of decisive, I often feel like I have to wait for the safest time to implement my decisions.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far it looks like EII, ethical-intuitive introvert (INFj).
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or intp. I approve of you! as a person!

I have the same problem with being moral. Most people think of it as 'letting people walk all over me.' It's not that at all! Here is an instance: My band took in a roommate. She was in the process of moving out. She was in the house sleeping because of her late night job, and we wanted to play loud music. She had said she would already be moved out by this time. Even though she was in the wrong and we had the right to play music I couldn't confront her on the issue. I looked at it like this: The music we play isn't that important, but the relations we maintain with others are important. I wouldn't turn a friend out just so I can have fun for an hour. Same reason I'll occasionally let friends smoke in my car. I'll say, "I like you more than I like this car." People think I'm strange for all of that.
    asd

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFj. "insightfulness" is a manifestation of creative Ne.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought of ISFj briefly, except the approach to strangers is different in that they're quite reluctant to compliment people, more likely make others uncomfortable with criticism + intimidation (penetrating stare) + deliberate coldness.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Thought: INFj
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first choice would be INFJ (EII)
    second choice would be INFP (IEI)