Thread: Kurt Cobain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kurt Cobain

Kurt Cobain is 100% ENTP

Cobains' quotes:

I've never been a very prolific person, so when creativity flows, it flows. I find myself scribbling on little notepads and pieces of loose paper, which results in a very small portion of my writings to ever show up in true form.

I'm really interested in smells. I think I'd like to own a perfumery someday.

Punk is musical freedom. It's saying, doing and playing what you want. In Webster's terms, 'nirvana' means freedom from pain, suffering and the external world, and that's pretty close to my definition of Punk Rock. … I wanted to be in a punk band before I had even heard any punk music. … I get a thrill meeting kids who are into alternative music.

Every time I see documentaries or infomercials about little kids with cancer, I just freak out. It affects me on the highest emotional level... Anytime I think about it, it makes me sadder than anything I can think of.

There's nothing better than having a baby. I've always loved children. I used to work summers at the YMCA and be in charge of, like, 30 preschool kids. I knew that when I had a child, I'd be overwhelmed, and it's true... I can't tell you how much my attitude has changed since we've got Frances. Holding my baby is the best drug in the world.

I have to admit I've found myself doing the same things that a lot of other rock stars do or are forced to do. Which is not being able to respond to mail, not being able to keep up on current music, and I'm pretty much locked away a lot. The outside world is pretty foreign to me.

I like to have strong opinions with nothing to back them up with besides my primal sincerity. I like sincerity. I lack sincerity.

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are. … If you die you're completely happy and your soul somewhere lives on. I'm not afraid of dying. Total peace after death, becoming someone else is the best hope I've got.

Drugs are a waste of time. They destroy your memory and your self-respect and everything that goes along with with your self-esteem. They're no good at all.

Throughout my life, I've always been really close with girls and made friends with girls. And I've always been a really sickly, feminine person anyhow, so I thought I was gay for a while because I didn't find any of the girls in my high school attractive at all. … I've always had a problem with the average macho man - they've always been a threat to me.

Last edited by silke; 02-21-2016 at 08:56 PM. Reason: updated links

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see why you think Cobain is an ENTP. But I truely do believe he was INFP. And because I don't feel like arguing right now, I found these in an older thread:

As for Curt Cobain, I think that he was VERY perseptive and intuitional. He experiencedthe world and saw things through his Ni. He's INxP, and most likely a feeler.
    Quote Originally Posted by krae
    Cobain - INFP, IMO.

Jim Morrison - one true INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryBottom
    I definately think Cobain was an INFP rather than an INFJ or INTJ. I'd say he is definately not ISFP due to the fact fact that although they can be brillant artist/musicians they're not exactly great writers from what I've gathered, and Cobain had a knack for writing as well. Postponing things, acting spontaneously, decideing what to do as it is done, and doing things last minute are all P characteristics. Kobain even stated that he didn't write lyrics for his songs, often, until right before the song was recorded, LAST MINUTE. Also he had(very unorganized, I might add), books of poetry, which is VERY characteristic for the INFP, more than the INFJ and most definately more then then the INTJ. This generally shows FEELING and the need to vent that feeling. Also, he was very into art, as well as music. While this can be characteristic of the ISFP as well as the INFP, it, once again, rules out the INTJ, as they're not exactly known as artists. I've read a lot of interviews... never have I heard anything to refuse the fact that he may be an INFP. Also, to the guy in the other topic who said that he wonders if he may have just been an extremely depressed ENTJ or something... Dave Grohl said that he was one of the quietest, shyest, most introverted persons you would ever meet, and that he was extremely funny. Thats characteristic of an INFP(although it can be the other Introverts too) and QUIET/SHY- certainly not an extrovert. Also, his facial expressions are almost EXACTLY the same as many INFP ones I've seen. I don't particularly mean the look of his face, but the expressions themselves. If you've ever seen an INFP deep into inner feeling, especially when listening to a song... their face often resembles that deep eyed, hurt look of that one picture. Also, if you've ever seen the picture of Kurt, sitting against a wall I believe it was, i'm not sure quite where to find the picture... he has this open mouth aloof look on his face like he's in his own little world. I've seen this EXACT look before on the face of an INFP. Also, he said, in his past, he got beat up, he LET people beat him up. This is totally against an INTJ, to LET someone beat them up. They're also not the ones to create more controversy. They, I believe, would be very little like to also settle for a job as a janitor, remember, everything can always be better for them, I believe they have more of a will then that. An INFP on the other hand, the dreamer, dreaming of becoming a musician and taking up this janitor job on the side to get by until then seems pretty probable. INFPs tend more often to end up screwed career wise. I also read that they have the lowest average income. Kobain also said that people thought he was gay back in his highschool(he was infact, bi), this is much more characteristic of an INFP then INTJ because of the INFPs tendancy to feel more, be more feminine, and require more intimacy in relationships. And lastly, it seems to me... that all his self-destructive behavior doesn't really go along with the INTJ hidden agenda thing, even a depressed one, and ISFP aren't as prone to negitive feeling as are INTPs. I read somewhere that INFPs have the highest amount of depression of the types(along with high ADD, though that has absoulutely no relevance). I dunno.... It looks to me like it's pointing to INFP... maybe I'm crazy... I'm sure I had to be wrong somewhere along this... tell me what you think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say he is definately not ISFP due to the fact fact that although they can be brillant artist/musicians they're not exactly great writers from what I've gathered
    Hm, then why are ISFPs often called the composer?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow
    I'd say he is definately not ISFP due to the fact fact that although they can be brillant artist/musicians they're not exactly great writers from what I've gathered
    Hm, then why are ISFPs often called the composer?
    Because visual art can also be called compositions. Composing is basically just the act of arranging or putting something together which doesn't always have to be music.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typeless Wonder
    Because visual art can also be called compositions. Composing is basically just the act of arranging or putting something together which doesn't always have to be music.
    So INFPs are better musical composers than ISFPs, the type often referred to as the composer, because compositions can also be visual art?

I must admit there is a strange compelling logic to your complete lack thereof.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow
    So INFPs are better musical composers than ISFPs, the type often referred to as the composer, because compositions can also be visual art?
    No.

Kurt Cobain was a great writer. INFPs are generally seen as better WRITERS, as in lyrics for songs, than ISFPs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan
    Kurt Cobain was a great writer. INFPs are generally seen as better WRITERS, as in lyrics for songs, than ISFPs.
    Whether or not this assertion is true I'm not sure if his songs are known for their lyrics. Let me quote from his most famous, "Smells Like Teen Spirit":

mmm ah ma ah massd,
    eh na a wa,
    hrrmmm nnn, am ru ma na
    Okay, that's unfair. I'll translate:

With the lights out, it’s less dangerous
    Here we are now, entertain us
    I feel stupid, and contagious
    Here we are now, entertain us
    A mulatto, an albino, a mosquito, my Libido
    Yea
    Now it is true that mulatto, albino, mosquito, and libido all rhym with one another.

Another verse:

And I forget, just what it takes
    And yet I guess it makes me smile
    I found it hard, it’s hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, never mind
    Goose bumps.

Creepy-

For the love of God, Cobain is ENTP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How the hell was Cobain extroverted? And thinking? Just because someone is famous does not mean they are automatically extroverted.
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

Creepy-Bonkers

Default Corbain is an ESfj

Yeah, because he was famous he was extraverted
    so we have E
    His style of dress, his lyrics and overall lifestyle suggest that he was a hedonist
    so we have S
    His deep lyrics and obvious emotional pain suggest he was a deep feeler.
    so he was an F
    Because he was successful he was a J.

Thus, he was an ESFj.

That is it. No questions asked!!!

I must admit there is a strange compelling logic to your complete lack thereof.
    Here, go look up 'composition' at dictionary.com or any other dictionary. Here's even a link for you:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=composition

com·po·si·tion Audio pronunciation of "composition" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kmp-zshn)
    n.

1. The combining of distinct parts or elements to form a whole.
    2. The manner in which such parts are combined or related.
    3. General makeup: the changing composition of the electorate.
    4. The result or product of composing; a mixture or compound.
    2. Arrangement of artistic parts so as to form a unified whole.
    1. The art or act of composing a musical or literary work.
    2. A work of music, literature, or art, or its structure or organization.
    4. A short essay, especially one written as an academic exercise.
    5. Law. A settlement whereby the creditors of a debtor about to enter bankruptcy agree, in return for some financial consideration, usually proffered immediately, to the discharge of their respective claims on receipt of payment which is in a lesser amount than that actually owed on the claim.
    6. Linguistics. The formation of compounds from separate words.
    7. Printing. Typesetting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, because he was famous he was extraverted
    so we have E
    His style of dress, his lyrics and overall lifestyle suggest that he was a hedonist
    so we have S
    His deep lyrics and obvious emotional pain suggest he was a deep feeler.
    so he was an F
    Because he was successful he was a J.

Thus, he was an ESFj.

That is it. No questions asked!!!
    Did you even read what I wrote? Please don't make me tear this apart piece by piece. I'm sorry this is 100% wrong, and, not to be offencive, but bordering on near stupid.

Scarecrow, he kept books of poetry. His lyrics for his songs do not show all that much of his writing ability, but he used pieces from some of his poems in his lyrics. The lyrics simply did enough for him that he could put the full emotion through them, without having to expose to the world too much of his insides.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harry, I think that was supposed to be a joke.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harry, I think that was supposed to be a joke.
    lol, ehhem.... well.... awkward.... yeah..... Sorry about that bonkers, I should have seen the deadly doses of sarcasm implied there I guess. I have a bad habit of feeling that strong opinions of mine are fact..... I probly shouldn't have responded so strongly wether you were being sarcastic or not. I guess I had a little INFP "devil" moment. :wink: ...anyways....

(...o, thanks for the heads up Rocky, lol.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kurt Cobain

Kurt Cobain was ENTp.

Last edited by silke; 05-31-2014 at 06:03 AM. Reason: updated video link

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by Scrummy
    Kurt Cobain was ENTp.

How do you figure...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurt Cobain was ENTp.
    lol, finally.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Creepy-aurora_faerie

I still don't believe he was ENTp.

When I was depressed and on drugs all the time, I didn't act like a bitch, but then again I went and hid myself away. And if you read the things I wrote at the time, you wouldn't really think it was me, since I was messed up it was extremely hard to type me.

An angry, depressed male INFp, with stomach problems and other illness, with drug problems and lots of power. Yeah he's going to be an asshole. If I felt I had nothing to lose by being a bitch, and I was THAT depressed and fucked up, I'd probably act the same way. Maybe...well maybe not because I wouldn't ever feel THAT bad but I'm just saying.

Oh, and ENTp ranting...I've done that without trying. Some of my rants are very similar to rants of ENTp's, at least the one I knew very well. That may have been one of the things that sparked our friendship, we complained about all the same bullshit the same way.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

I know more about this guy than is healthy...

And I love you for it

I've had an obsession with Kurt since I was in 9th grade lol.

Creepy-pokeball

I never understood why he was so special.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    MAybe you should spend some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and LEARN it.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... maybe you need to learn more about irrationality. There doesn't have to be a REASON for things like this.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

same. someone please explain that phenomenon. I had to watch these girls screaming like someone is raping them when they heard Cobains voice and that was beyond corny altough I was only 13. I continue to ask people and they are still unable to tell me why. anyway I am not giving enough Te(shit) about the whole thing so I'm not going to think everyone hates me if noone answers.

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ I still cannot agree with Cobain being ENTp but ugh.. yeah see my above post. thats why i'm so lazy

3 minutes later:

okay let's see what will happen if I say that I've always being bored to death (seriously) listening to Nirvana. not to mention of there are some fans around. I usually start playing tetris while whispering "retards"
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you'll find the response you are looking for on this forum. Go and pester the preteens at NFC for that. Nirvana is really more pseudo-culturally important as a band than musically. Musicaly speaking, their sensibilities fell considerably short of Rachmaninov, their playing never quite in the league of the New York Philharmonic, and Kurt's singing nowhere as tasty as Caruso. I will say, though, that "Lithium" and "Heart-Shaped Box" as are perfectly constructed pop confections as you are likely to come across... so perfect, in fact, that just about every garage band since 1995 has attempted to recreate them and as a result attest to the musical homogeny that the pop-rock overlords have blessed us with today.

Culturally, though, they probably just happened to be at the right place at the right time and capped off the burgeoning backlash against the likes of Poison and Guns n' Roses; they capitalized on the "Grunge" tag and milked it for all it was worth... which, frankly speaking, wasn't worth very much. Even Kurt himself would shy away after the release of Nevermind from that label, and explore his more obviously pop-based (David Bowie), folk-based (Ledbelly), and early punk-based (Black Flag, Sex Pistols, Iggy Popp) influences. Not to mentioned the fact that the story of the troubled but nice, misunderstood, sensitive guy is as old as Virgil, Shakespeare, Lord Byron, James Dean, and Jimi Hendrix and a known cash cow.

Nirvana was a large part of my musical milieu as a kid, and I still have no idea why. I've indeed got a soft spot for "teh Kurdt & Co." They were pretty much my first taste of popular music (I was an eight-year-old opera snob) that I felt honestly drawn to emotionally. Maybe it was just coming to it at the right place and time - impressionable prepubescent that I was.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me neither fella. Or Nirvana in general for that matter.
    Two words: Bright Eyes.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you'll find the response you are looking for on this forum. Go and pester the preteens at NFC for that. Nirvana is really more pseudo-culturally important as a band than musically. Musicaly speaking, their sensibilities fell considerably short of Rachmaninov, their playing never quite in the league of the New York Philharmonic, and Kurt's singing nowhere as tasty as Caruso. I will say, though, that "Lithium" and "Heart-Shaped Box" as are perfectly constructed pop confections as you are likely to come across... so perfect, in fact, that just about every garage band since 1995 has attempted to recreate them and as a result attest to the musical homogeny that the pop-rock overlords have blessed us with today.

Culturally, though, they probably just happened to be at the right place at the right time and capped off the burgeoning backlash against the likes of Poison and Guns n' Roses; they capitalized on the "Grunge" tag and milked it for all it was worth... which, frankly speaking, wasn't worth very much. Even Kurt himself would shy away after the release of Nevermind from that label, and explore his more obviously pop-based (David Bowie), folk-based (Ledbelly), and early punk-based (Black Flag, Sex Pistols, Iggy Popp) influences. Not to mentioned the fact that the story of the troubled but nice, misunderstood, sensitive guy is as old as Virgil, Shakespeare, Lord Byron, James Dean, and Jimi Hendrix and a known cash cow.

Nirvana was a large part of my musical milieu as a kid, and I still have no idea why. I've indeed got a soft spot for "teh Kurdt & Co." They were pretty much my first taste of popular music (I was an eight-year-old opera snob) that I felt honestly drawn to emotionally. Maybe it was just coming to it at the right place and time - impressionable prepubescent that I was.
    I think you will have a better appreciation of Cobain if you notice the following connection instead of the musical one:

Socrates->Hannibal->Augustus->Newton->Marx->Vivaldi->Nietzsche->Kafka->Guderian->Koniev->JFK->Costello->Cobain->Oasis->Cheney->........
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Creepy-pokeball

Yeah that is what I understood. lol you knew what Lord Bryon was. Im glad Im not the only one I guess Im trying to find a value connection within myself to it and cannot find one even though it is my generation. Tanks for your response Scrummy (aka dead Baby! *dies inside!* jk ).

Rocky: I sent ya a PM as to not derail

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kurt Cobain

Nirvana frontman

any thoughts?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI fo sho

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phf

Intp Of Course

Isfp Mother

Creepy-bg

good song

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha, right before i clicked the video i was hoping you were posting that one. i guess that's still my favorite. yeah INFp probably.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never quite got that song. I like teen spirit.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian View Post
    I never quite got that song. I like teen spirit.
    whatever... the dirty cheerleaders were hot but the video is a bit much for me to watch now

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I frequently screamed "grandma take me home!" as an infant
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    whatever... the dirty cheerleaders were hot but the video is a bit much for me to watch now
    why do you like this one though?

Creepy-bg

why do you like this one though?
    because that baby rocking out is cool as fuck!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think IEI is fairly obvious.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phf

Intp Of Course
    Cobain is actually a really good example of how Beta Fe can be so different from Alpha Fe.

I will, however, give you that he seems like a likely Ni subtype, so your typing is not far off at all.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the sun is gone but i have a light

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast