Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Video of Fi-PoLR in ILE-ENTp

Michael Richards was angry at a group of guys who had just entered the room and were seating themselves and being loud during one of his stand-up acts, resulting in this hilarious career-ending outburst which was recorded on what looks like a cell phone:

It appears his attempts at sustaining the in the room backfired.
    Last edited by silke; 04-02-2016 at 10:58 PM. Reason: updated video link

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, pretty much.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very human. i can relate, not to what he said, but in how he got disproportionately angry, said something he didn't mean, then became visibly defeated, all in such a short time span.

reminds me of the time i called my obese mother "fat" in a fit of anger. for years i had never said a thing about her looks, sort of acted as if I hadn't noticed her body. then i said the thing that completely hurt her feelings, damaged my credibility, and worse yet, had nothing to do with the real source of my anger towards her.

yeah. so i walked away like michael richards walked off the stage.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is that Fi PoLR? Just because he's being a prick?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive always thought that giving good Fi is respecting someone's integrity.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    How is that Fi PoLR? Just because he's being a prick?
    Nah, anyone can be a prick. It's Fi PoLR because he totally misread the situation, thinking that the what he was saying was somehow appropriate and wouldn't offend anyone. Fi types would generally be far less likely to make this mistake in that situation.

...And then it was too late.

I think ENTps may tend to get high on the attention and positive reactions from the crowd, and they want more and more and fail to see the plateau until they say something offensive. I think if the crowd had laughed instead of gotten quiet Richards would have kept going, not thinking anything of it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't hold what he said against him. He's allowed to think and speak. But I do think he should elicit more concern for his personal safety.
    asd

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    I think ENTps may tend to get high on the attention and positive reactions from the crowd, and they want more and more and fail to see the plateau until they say something offensive. I think if the crowd had laughed instead of gotten quiet Richards would have kept going, not thinking anything of it.
    Yes, I agree.

It can be tricky to differentiate the a Fi PoLR from a Fe PoLR in that situation, but it goes like this -- as discojoe said, Richards was focusing on keeping the Fe mood going the way he wanted it, regardless of the effect on that individual he was making fun of. His "mistake", if it can be called that, was not to realize that lots of others would be aghast, so it was a failure of Fe too.

A Fe PoLR would be more like -- he would make the same kind of comment, either due to a personal Ni thought or to affect only one individual (or few), and be totally oblivious of the possible effect on everyone else.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

While his outburst was completely unacceptable, you have to admit what they did was shady. I don't think he misread the situation. I just think he was stressed (maybe THEY try performing in front of a group of people?) and kinda blew up at obvious rudeness. It's easy to blame the person that gets triggered but what about the other side?

The black people where I live are SO RUDE. It's like they want people to be racist against them. They will not say excuse you and just keep on walking past you. I just keep walking confidently but its kinda funny. Yeah you're really macho thug being a prick. *rolls eyes* Plus many other black people are annoyed by them too my friend Kim omg she can't stand them you should see her its funny. It's not that they 'give all black people a bad name' (though those retards would like to THINK they represent a 'community') they're just ignorant and they try to play the race card while not doing absolutely anything very productive in society. Most of the prison population is black men, and its gotten this arrogant mentality that they can do whatever they want to. That kind of attitude is completely uncalled for. Martin Luther King rolls in his grave sometimes.

I really hate it when people fit these stereotypes you see on tv because it makes things very bleak like 'is it all there is to it in life.' Nothing annoys me more than wannabe 'gangstas' that think they're so intimidating. Effeminte gay men and butch lesbians and stupid heterosexuals and lazy mexicans and hot-blooded redheads get the same reaction from me really. 'LOOK AT ME IM SO WEIRD AND DIFFERENT AND I LIVE IN THE BIG CITY AND IM SO WORLDLY AND OPEN-MINDED AND YOU'RE NOT HAHAHAHAHA.' It's like if they put a little effort in they could try to be a decent person but they get off being a certain type. They're actually not 'being themselves' they're just pussies and do what they think the majority of people expect them to do. It's completely ridiculous. Any minority pretty much limits THEMESLVES look at how white condi acts lol. (I hate the white-acting bitch btw, but that's besides the point) Also white people are stupid for breeding as much as we do in the first place and coming off as a supposed 'superiority.' Fuck my racist, ignorant, good-for-nothing homophobic, white trash ancestors for raping and killing and making fun of a few black people eons ago because we're paying the price for it now aren't we. I also hate how open-minded people try to be 'cool' around racists too which eggs them on. Fucking idiots get some balls and stand up to the little KKK pricks WITHOUT being all emo about it.

If you disagree with me you are being too liberal and politically correct and airheaded and only hang around with the minorities that you feel comfortable around, ie YOUR brand of 'tolerance.'

Now hmm I wonder what 'function' that rant was LOL.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves

Now hmm I wonder what 'function' that rant was LOL.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fi POLR VID

Ahh man this kid is f'ing funny.

He's probably ENTp.

So much Fi polr, its fun.

The end is nigh

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uh, does anyone else find this completely not funny?
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Me. Ugh. Who acts like that? Gross.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

silly Fi valuers
    The end is nigh

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't need to value Fi to find nothing funny with this.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, i agree.

But I also do not find anything offensive or wrong with this.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    lol, i agree.

But I also do not find anything offensive or wrong with this.
    well, fwiw, neither do I. It's just REALLY not funny.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Um... not funny and a fucking idiot...
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This reminds me of machintruc. I actually wondered for a second if this could be machintruc, then realized that the accent was wrong.

Also did not find him funny. He was like that guy who tries to be clever and funny and isn't because he's trying to hard.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Creepy-male

It's like The Mask, only less harmless (and less funny).

EDIT

And strangely appropriate, have some

Meta-humor!

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was barely funny, my friends and myself have done stuff like this before.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This really wasn't asking whether you all thought he was funny or not. I posted in the "what's your type" subforum, not the "OMG GUYS IS THIS GUY FUNNY/NOT????/?" subforum.

ALSO, here's my little theory I have before I posted the vid, and after you all made comments...

The Fi types are going to dislike it because they are focusing on all the "offensive" and "crude" mouth noises he's making. They obviously can't see past the relations to people he's affecting and totally miss the points he's making. And I bet few if any of you watched the entire video before commenting.

Whilst many of the Ti types will dislike him because of his philosophy, and then excuse it by saying he's just being offensive/not funny.

In hindsight I should have posted one of his more philosophic videos, but you've all made up your minds by now and its just not worth it.

And basically it doesn't matter whether YOU find him funny because everyone but Jrxtes missed the point of the thread and got more or less in a "Lets all agree with eachother bitching at him" fest.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, if you'll recall, I said he reminded me of machintruc. That wasn't missing the point, he sounds like machintruc, who I believe is LSI. That was a comment on type.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whilst many of the Ti types will dislike him because of his philosophy
    Bwah? Ti types can hold any philosophy at all.

I find him ridiculous because he thinks he's being all edgy by talking about the holocaust as though it's shaped your personal destiny. Maybe. But so has every other event since the beginning of time... *eye roll* I'm sure he's gleefully chuckling to himself about how clever he was at making everyone uncomfortable. ooOOOOhhh.

The Fi types are going to dislike it because they are focusing on all the "offensive" and "crude" mouth noises he's making. They obviously can't see past the relations to people he's affecting and totally miss the points he's making.
    I see his point just fine. And I still think he's an idiot.
    IEE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. His formula for humor is basically like "let me take some really offensive topic, and then....?" It's as if he's too stupid to then say anything novel or surprisng.
    Archon, we didn't miss the point. I think the comments of "this isn't funny" were meant to convey that we don't necc. think that's Alpha/Beta humor or that the guy is of that quadra.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not an Fi type or valuer. It was just nothing original, and yes he overplayed his bluberingness. I watched the entire video. I did laugh...some. Dork thinking hes awesomely smart and cool. This was what my entp and intj friends in 7th grade would be talking dirty about, jizzing in their pants over. So yeah amateur Ti and polr Fi. It would work more if he was spontaneously doing it, but I wouldn't put this on the internet...
    It's like Carlos Mencia or Joe Rogans crappy standup.
    People will spontaneously comment how he's not funny, just like you said "Ahh man this kid is f'ing funny". Common sense. I will put this out. His Fi polr and overblown delivery is so glaring he looks look a total tool to every type.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay... thank you guys.

I just got pissed because I felt most of you went off topic.

I agree that he's being theatrical and not saying much profound.

His videos are intentionally created to piss off the religious and creationist on youtube who spew out alot of utter bullshit. Mostly its a mockery.
    The end is nigh

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    okay... thank you guys.

I just got pissed because I felt most of you went off topic.

I agree that he's being theatrical and not saying much profound.

His videos are intentionally created to piss off the religious and creationist on youtube who spew out alot of utter bullshit. Mostly its a mockery.
    Well, your topic made NO MENTION of the fact that you wanted to type the guy. What about people who check posts by the "New Posts" link? We don't exactly check what forum something's in.

But, I assume you'd have thought of this. My ultimate conclusion is that

(Round 1... FIGHT!!)

a) You have issues with unhealthy Ne usage or
    b) You're having an Se fit, and it's coming off looking like you're a massive tool.

Socionics hadouken.

EDIT

Screw my hatred of confrontation. You're annoying me. Raging is the lesser of two evils.

FURTHER EDIT

And don't bring Archonionics into this. Seriously. I will listen to Linkin Park and type up a strongly worded retort oozing with passive aggression. I swear to God.

FINAL THOUGHT

And this is serious. Humor != not serious. It's a coping mechanism. I'm still part Nine. Stfu
    Last edited by male; 03-06-2009 at 03:33 AM.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah, but what are you asking young padawan?
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a guy like this on my course. He is Beta extrovert too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    That first joke was brilliant.