Thread: Drunk ISTps outgoing and blatantly outspoken

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Drunk ISTps outgoing and blatantly outspoken

Found some great advice on here regarding istp personlity types and a few chuckles since most of it, if not all if it applies to myself. Anyway I am just posting to introduce myself and I have a question.

Do any other istps get really outgoing when you're drunk? I know my friends love me when I go straight up to someone and say what is off the top of my head. Useusally its something crude like "my friend says you're a bitch are you actually a bitch?" or just asking someone out directly with no small talk. I always think it's a dare so I end up doing it.

Moreover I'm quite reserved and just can't find enough things to say when making small talk. It's just extremely boring, even with friends I've known since 7th grade. I also can't articulate what I want to say correctly and end up sounding like an idiot. Luckly one of my best friends is entj so he takes the helm whenever we're out.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never been like that. Maybe when i'm slightly buzzed but if i have more than a few I get overly self consious about making a fool out of myself so I just shut down. I'm a lot more outgoing when i'm sober...drinking deadens the anxiety too much to where i can't find the energy to talk. That nervous sober energy tends to give me more conversational skills ; ) And I've learned not to try to have a serious convo with someone of the opposite sex you're interested in after you've had 5 shots in less than 20 minutes. lol, doesn't work out too well.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    I've never been like that. Maybe when i'm slightly buzzed but if i have more than a few I get overly self consious about making a fool out of myself so I just shut down. I'm a lot more outgoing when i'm sober...drinking deadens the anxiety too much to where i can't find the energy to talk. That nervous sober energy tends to give me more conversational skills ; ) And I've learned not to try to have a serious convo with someone of the opposite sex you're interested in after you've had 5 shots in less than 20 minutes. lol, doesn't work out too well.
    So true.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well.... I prefer to hang out with ISTp's before they start drinking. More conversational, more humor, etc. Lighter. They may feel less reserved after a few drinks but the convo is heavier. It's comprised of caustic observations rather than thoughtful, interactive conversation. I'll be stoned to death for saying this but you guys can be mean drunks. Although, I do notice that beer brings out the mean whereas wine or hard liquor has the opposite effect.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband opens up when he drinks. But I like him better sober and quiet I think. We don't go out that much anymore (babysitters are damn expensive) so it isn't much of an issue these days anyway.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zenbrat
    Well.... I prefer to hang out with ISTp's before they start drinking. More conversational, more humor, etc. Lighter. They may feel less reserved after a few drinks but the convo is heavier. It's comprised of caustic observations rather than thoughtful, interactive conversation. I'll be stoned to death for saying this but you guys can be mean drunks. Although, I do notice that beer brings out the mean whereas wine or hard liquor has the opposite effect.
    My brother is an ISTp and I find his caustic observations after a few drinks to be interesting and insightful though often a bit bitter/sad and sometimes mean too I guess. He does not speak much on a daily basis so we never really get to hear much of his thinking/feelings on issues normally. He is so bright that I wish he would share his observation more but without the influence of alcohal.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never understood mean drunks..one of my ex's was one. Highly don't recommend a relationship with someone like that. Now me, I get entirely too emotional. Must bring up repressed feelings because i cry over everything. Quite embarassing yet entertaining to most i'm sure, haha.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New istp but have trolled for a good month and I have so

Hello Huoi66.

Yeah ISTp's can definately seem more extraverted when drunk. Ive seen a number of really introverted people go wild when drunk its quite a surprise. My ISTp friend often gets quite excited and happy when drunk but he will peter off after a few hours and go quiet/sad. Hes had a tough life though.
    Another ISTp i know is just a cool calm and laughable type of guy. When hes drunk he just seems to laugh a little more and his jokes might get a little more crass but its pretty rad.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huoi66
    Found some great advice on here regarding istp personlity types and a few chuckles since most of it, if not all if it applies to myself. Anyway I am just posting to introduce myself and I have a question.

Do any other istps get really outgoing when you're drunk? I know my friends love me when I go straight up to someone and say what is off the top of my head. Useusally its something crude like "my friend says you're a bitch are you actually a bitch?" or just asking someone out directly with no small talk. I always think it's a dare so I end up doing it.

Moreover I'm quite reserved and just can't find enough things to say when making small talk. It's just extremely boring, even with friends I've known since 7th grade. I also can't articulate what I want to say correctly and end up sounding like an idiot. Luckly one of my best friends is entj so he takes the helm whenever we're out.
    Check out all those adverbs!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTps can use it to help them be more outgoing... but its not alway for the better... other times we can be hilarious. Just depends on how tired we are, how much we are pacing ourselves etc.

I find its fun to take it slow these days, unless its your buds b day
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its just a placebo. ISTPs really want to say and do stuff but are often afraid so when they are drinking they can blame it on the sauce.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huoi66

That's totally me dude. Before I had a girlfriend I'd flirt with girls I thought to be incredibly attractive. Not that I didn't when I was sober, I just got real bold.

Social lubricant baby!
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush

why is this ? i just consider this to be good use of the english language. i am really (frighteningly, even) concerned with this new = adverbs correlation.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is too adverby for me.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush

why is this ? i just consider this to be good use of the english language. i am really (frighteningly, even) concerned with this new = adverbs correlation.
    No, it's just ones like "really" and "extremely". Looking back on it, I'm not exactly sure what I was thinking.