Thread: Saints

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Saints

first - st. thérèse de lisieux - not to be confused with any other saints with the name therese or theresa or teresa or some variant of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Th%C3%A...8se_de_Lisieux

probably of interest to machintruc and whoever else is catholic.

i think she's one of the more interesting saints out there.

quotes -
    I am a very little soul, who can offer only very little things to the Lord.

I will spend my Heaven doing good on earth.

After my death I will let fall a shower of roses.

I feel in me the vocation of the priest. With what love, O Jesus, I would take You in my hands when, at my voice, You would come down from heaven. And with what love would I give You to souls! But alas! while desiring to be a Priest, I admire and envy the humility of St. Francis of Assisi and I feel the vocation of imitating him in refusing the sublime dignity of the Priesthood.

O Jesus, my Love, my vocation, at last I have found it ... my vocation is Love! Yes, I have found my place in the Church and it is You, O my God, who have given me this place; in the heart of the Church, my Mother, I shall be love.

Everything is a grace, everything is the direct effect of our father's love - difficulties, contradictions, humiliations, all the soul's miseries, her burdens, her needs - everything, because through them, she learns humility, realizes her weakness - Everything is a grace because everything is God's gift. Whatever be the character of life or its unexpected events - to the heart that loves, all is well.
    she also went, very willingly, into the process of moritification which leads me to believe she was pretty low on or had some hidden agenda related to testing herself what with the "no pain, no gain!" sort of mentality one has to take to be able to do this.

i've seen her typed as ENTj previously, but with some talk i could probably buy any number of NJs and i figure there are a ton of NJ saints in general.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She looks like a Se dominant
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    She looks like a Se dominant
    i actually considered, this, too.

she also strikes me as a rational, which sort of throws out -dominance if you want to argue that.

i find her impressive. i think she would likely be a positivist of some sort.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: saints

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    Although they are saints, in this earth they were sinners. They were human beings like you and me, so they DO have cognitive preferences, and so they CAN be typed. Everybody can be saint like this if he/she really wants. No exception.

For example, I'm imaginating Saint Augustine as SLE, and Saint Padre Pio as EII.

I'm probably not the only Catholic here, you know...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Although they are saints, in this earth they were sinners. They were human beings like you and me, so they DO have cognitive preferences, and so they CAN be typed. Everybody can be saint like this if he/she really wants. No exception.

For example, I'm imaginating Saint Augustine as SLE, and Saint Padre Pio as EII.

I'm probably not the only Catholic here, you know...
    i know you may not be the only one here, but you seem to be the one who states it loudest here. hence why i wrote "whoever else is catholic", since i couldn't think of anyone else off the top of my head.

i agree that they can be typed and had cognitive preferences -- although it seems historically easier to type the more contemporary ones like lisieux since less data has been lost and (IMO) it's easier to v.i. from a photograph than from an oil painting.

out of curiosity, why do you think augustine was SLE?
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

out of curiosity, why do you think augustine was SLE?
    This is not a very confident typing, but when I read him, he seemed more relevant to Beta, Logic, and EP to me.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imho I can see SLE for Augustine, too.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i just hadn't thought of that and i find it to be a great typing in light of his actions. if any saint were SLE, it would likely be him.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ FDG -- actually she (lisieux) looks a ton like your friend in your group photo v.i. expression-wise. i might just go for some ISXj for lisieux as she has got to be the same type as that girl.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ FDG -- actually she (lisieux) looks a ton like your friend in your group photo v.i. expression-wise. i might just go for some ISXj for lisieux as she has got to be the same type as that girl.
    I can see the similarity however lisieux is much scarier though. I would really be afraid to speak to her for more than 2 minutes. She has a striking aura. Reading some quotes from her, I can see Fi dominance more than anything, see

"For me, prayer is a surge of the heart; it is a simple look turned toward Heaven, it is a cry of recognition and of love, embracing both trial and joy; in a word, something noble, supernatural, which enlarges my soul and unites it to God.... I have not the courage to look through books for beautiful prayers.... I do as a child who has not learned to read, I just tell our Lord all that I want and he understands
    I don't know if you recall the definition Transigent gave of Fi but it's very close to this one
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What she says sounds INFj, except she strikes me as an extravert and looks like Ashton in the 2nd photo (even though it's hard to imagine him saying the same things )
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I can see the similarity however lisieux is much scarier though. I would really be afraid to speak to her for more than 2 minutes. She has a striking aura.
    yeah, doesn't she? i think that's why she's so fascinating & i sat there and sort of looked at her in awe for quite a while, honestly. her auto-bio is very -ish as well.

@raisonpure -- he talks about testing himself against the odds/sacrificing things constantly. i think there's something to be said for the time she was born in. i still think lisieux is ENTj or some sort of gamma. i can honestly only see ///(what i interpret as ) as quadra values. i think if she were some other type she'd be INFj but i can just scarcely imagine her with a polr, rather dual-seeking or something. i don't know. she actually reminds me a little of lawrence of arabia, so i think she's whatever type he is, fwiw.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By VI, look xSFj. I can't really see her as irrational.