Thread: Examples of INTp Fe PoLR remarks

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    This isn't how I see Fe types try to enforce Fe most often. In the vast majority of cases, they try to somehow infect you with their emotions through their own emotional expressiveness. In a way, it's something that overrides a person's internal feelings, especially if they are Fe PoLR types. They often try to act in a simpering sort of way to get you to feel what they feel. The best way to describe Fe from my perspective is "emotional contagion." ILIs and their lookalikes don't deal well with situations in which someone tries to get them to feel a certain emotion. Usually it's not by someone saying directly, "You should feel such and such a way," but by acting out their own emotions in a way that directly affects the feelings of others around them. This is how demonstrative Fi works. They demonstrate their own feelings in order to get others to feel them. Fi demonstrative working in support of Fe lead. It makes so much simple sense that it's hard to see how people miss it.

Another term I'd use for it is "invasive feeling."

There are going to be moralizers of every type. Moralizing has absolutely nothing to do with Socionics.

In a way, this is also why people can't tell what's going on with Fi types and their feelings. They don't really try to affect someone else's emotional experience, so it's impossible for Fe types to know what they are feeling. In a sense, the only way to know how someone is feeling is for that person to affect your emotional experience. Fi types don't really do that so much, so you aren't going to sense anything coming from them. What you do in this case is to watch their behavior and then gauge their emotions indirectly through those unrelated expressions.
    You know its not even about feeling what the Fe type wants you to feel. I don't even think they want you to feel anything, not truly. They just want to see you feeling something through your expressions. Something I've learned with alpha types is that you can really easily fake Fe for them. As long as you are pretending to be happy for them (and as long as they can't access your true sentiments via Si), then you are good to go.

Awesome! Wow! Very cool!

You don't need to FEEL happy, you just need to SHOW that you feel happy with a smile. Or you show saddness with a frown. Even looking visually confused when confused, or singing a song when in a good mood. I know it seems insincere, but it works for them. I know this is going to sound harsh, but alpha types are stupid about this sort of thing, with the exception being a clever ILE. You really can fake Fe around them and they would never discern the difference between your expressed emotions and your real emotions (ignored Fi).

However, this does not work on betas and if it did then only the LSI (as they are most vulnerable to manipulative Fe, which is partly why ESE is their semi dual). Betas Fe is closely linked with authenticity and so they are scanning you for the truth. Not much you express can be faked on them.

What this means for Fe polr from what I've noticed is that although they may not pretend Fe, when they are expressive it usual shows a real authenticity of spirit.

So with the ESE conflictor when they go "oh come on, its funny, why aren't your laughing??" You know to just laugh. Fake it.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    That was extremely awkward. Could be a legit example.
    That's so funny you say that was awkward because for me it read as authentic and not really awkward at all.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by May View Post
    I think this is an example of fe Polr.

So he is an SLI? The only other type I could actually see is not Fe polr, but Fe DS/HA. Something Si infantile about this vid.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero11 View Post
    Oh God... it's like he can't help being offensive. However, I wouldn't rule out a F type just because somebody's offensive. Sometimes, Beta NFs can have a deliberate, abrasive, offensive personality. Or the F type could have asperger's or autism and inadvertently say offensive things.

I would see ESFp for Oprah though...

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Oh God... it's like he can't help being offensive. However, I wouldn't rule out a F type just because somebody's offensive. Sometimes, Beta NFs can have a deliberate, abrasive, offensive personality. Or the F type could have asperger's or autism and inadvertently say offensive things.

I would see ESFp for Oprah though...
    His negging game is strong.

The Reclusive Philosopher Phantom Shadow's Avatar
    TIM
    Ni-ILI, 5w4 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't how I see Fe types try to enforce Fe most often. In the vast majority of cases, they try to somehow infect you with their emotions through their own emotional expressiveness. In a way, it's something that overrides a person's internal feelings, especially if they are Fe PoLR types. They often try to act in a simpering sort of way to get you to feel what they feel. The best way to describe Fe from my perspective is "emotional contagion." ILIs and their lookalikes don't deal well with situations in which someone tries to get them to feel a certain emotion. Usually it's not by someone saying directly, "You should feel such and such a way," but by acting out their own emotions in a way that directly affects the feelings of others around them. This is how demonstrative Fi works. They demonstrate their own feelings in order to get others to feel them. Fi demonstrative working in support of Fe lead. It makes so much simple sense that it's hard to see how people miss it.

Another term I'd use for it is "invasive feeling."

There are going to be moralizers of every type. Moralizing has absolutely nothing to do with Socionics.

In a way, this is also why people can't tell what's going on with Fi types and their feelings. They don't really try to affect someone else's emotional experience, so it's impossible for Fe types to know what they are feeling. In a sense, the only way to know how someone is feeling is for that person to affect your emotional experience. Fi types don't really do that so much, so you aren't going to sense anything coming from them. What you do in this case is to watch their behavior and then gauge their emotions indirectly through those unrelated expressions.
    What I was trying to communicated is that Fe users (mostly dominant and creative) have constant need guage the emotional atmosphere. When they are uncertain or can't determine the emotional state of a person. They try to force a reaction out us instead of simply asking us or respecting the fact that we don't wish to share it with them. Acting as if they are entitled to an emotional connection with us. When we tell them how we them how we feel they doubt or question are responses because there a lack emotional ques or energy behind it.
    When they continue to press us it lead to frustration or an outburst that was not representative of are state of mind prior to there prying.

Its like having your Facebook account set to private and someone want to get to know you. So they send a friend quest and either get declined or get no response. So they decide to try hack your account. The hacking attempt fails the account owner is notified and changes there password then block and ignores the hacker. All they had to was accept that the account was on private and move on or to try again later.
    Last edited by Phantom Shadow; 01-19-2017 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Gammar errors and corrections
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics:ILI (Ni-Fi)
    Enneagram Type: 5w4
    Enneagram Tritype: Head-5, Gut-9 Heart-4
    Instinctal Stacking:
    Sp/Sx Mid
    Jung's 12 Archetypes: Self-Sage, Ego-Hero, Soul-Rebel

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post

You don't need to FEEL happy, you just need to SHOW that you feel happy with a smile. Or you show saddness with a frown. Even looking visually confused when confused, or singing a song when in a good mood. I know it seems insincere, but it works for them. I know this is going to sound harsh, but alpha types are stupid about this sort of thing, with the exception being a clever ILE. You really can fake Fe around them and they would never discern the difference between your expressed emotions and your real emotions (ignored Fi).
    You're right, it was harsh and greatly overgeneralized and better left unsaid. Alphas are not that stupid, we can tell. Even the LIIs with their 1-D Fe.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's so funny you say that was awkward because for me it read as authentic and not really awkward at all.
    Well, not awkward for him maybe. What type are you?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is an example of fe Polr.

Lol, just like @Reyne, I too laughed and felt like someone had filmed me when I watched this video!

I'm a little ashamed of these silly moments in my life where I know I'm being a bit childish.
    Mostly these moments occur in private or in front of those I like and trust so no lasting scars, just the occaisional view maybe that I'm being a little immature in the situation.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Shadow View Post
    What I was trying to communicated is that Fe users (mostly dominant and creative) have constant need guage the emotional atmosphere. When they are uncertain or can't determine the emotional state of a person. They try to force a reaction out us instead of simply asking us or respecting the fact that we don't wish to share it with them. Acting as if they are entitled to an emotional connection with us. When we tell them how we them how we feel they doubt or question are responses because there a lack emotional ques or energy behind it.
    When they continue to press us it lead to frustration or an outburst that was not representative of are state of mind prior to there prying.

Its like having your Facebook account set to private and someone want to get to know you. So they send a friend quest and either get declined or get no response. So they decide to try hack your account. The hacking attempt fails the account owner is notified and changes there password then block and ignores the hacker. All they had to was accept that the account was on private and move on or to try again later.
    I can agree with you on this. It's something I've noticed myself. They really do feel ENTITLED to some kind of connection and expression. And they also feel entitled to punish you if you don't give that to them. 100% true.

Also, something you said really hit home. They do doubt the veracity or sincerity of what we say because it's missing something they depend on. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to communicate a personal problem to an Fe type, and they simply ignore it or don't take me seriously. Or they act like I shouldn't have a problem. I didn't think of this as possibly relating to type before, but I can definitely see the possibility.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The problem of having as a PoLR is that it isn't automatically a bad thing. I could argue that having any PoLR function is not automatically bad but is mine so I can only speak from my own experiences of being the biggest social dunce I have ever seen upon introspection (and my shock as to how I did not get lynched by my own family somehow given that fact).

The absolute lack of "empathy" we tend to display in a given situation can and often does lead to some very comical results if most everyone in the room is expecting some level of competence that you... just don't have. You can remark upon something in a way that by all rights ought to piss everyone with half a brain off but you come off as either so socially inept and/or so obviously sarcastic (when you are not doing that in your own mind I must point out) that you achieve a sort of ironic Nirvana. You are SO wrong/offensive/evil/emotionally stupid/etc. that you crash through the floor, cross an event horizon, and end up being absolutely hilarious to those who (if they could read your mind) would hang you from the nearest tree without hesitation.

Thankfully, they can't, so everyone laughs and you laugh along thanking god that they didn't see through you and thus shove a knife into your left kidney like so many special forces people have to their enemies. If ya know why they do that then ya get a gold star for proudly both knowing morbid things and broadcasting it to everyone with ears to hear. A favorite thing for those with PoLR. I mean, who wouldn't want to know stuff like that right? Right???

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I can agree with you on this. It's something I've noticed myself. They really do feel ENTITLED to some kind of connection and expression. And they also feel entitled to punish you if you don't give that to them. 100% true.

Also, something you said really hit home. They do doubt the veracity or sincerity of what we say because it's missing something they depend on. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to communicate a personal problem to an Fe type, and they simply ignore it or don't take me seriously. Or they act like I shouldn't have a problem. I didn't think of this as possibly relating to type before, but I can definitely see the possibility.
    The IEI's seem to get it though. What the PoLR lacks in expression they gain in sincerity. A person can "say" anything. That, ultimately, means exactly jack shit. What do they DO in the end... that's the real measure of a person. Words are cheap, actions are what everyone ought ultimately be judged on. I guess that's why the call it the "Kindred" relationship in this case. You do get one another, not as much as you'd like but just enough to understand the seemingly alien thought processes.

It's probably the sharing of the same primary function we have to thank for that. Both gaze into the crystal ball in this case, they just focus it on different points within the visions. I focus it on that weird flash of color I think I saw in hopes it leads to a deeper understanding of what's going on (in a scientific sense), the IEI wants to make sure they heard that random bit of gossip right for similar reasons (a deeper understanding of the social situation unfolding). Either way, we just had the same experience but focused on different aspects of it. Hence why they call it a "kindred" relationship. Same experience, different filters...

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if a Fe-PoLR type does or says something socially offensive or cause a social gaffe, then the IEI (probably SEIs too) probably finds it funny and laughs at you. This is because sometimes the XEIs "ignore" the Fe rules to solve a problem creatively. So if a Fe-PoLR type says "I don't have to act in a socially acceptable way!", then the XEI might see a point in that, and may even adopt the same attitude himself, despite the fact that he knows and understands the rules of Fe.

But I mean, it will definitely help if one has the knowledge of Socionics.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Well, if a Fe-PoLR type does or says something socially offensive or cause a social gaffe, then the IEI (probably SEIs too) probably finds it funny and laughs at you. This is because sometimes the XEIs "ignore" the Fe rules to solve a problem creatively. So if a Fe-PoLR type says "I don't have to act in a socially acceptable way!", then the XEI might see a point in that, and may even adopt the same attitude himself, despite the fact that he knows and understands the rules of Fe.

But I mean, it will definitely help if one has the knowledge of Socionics.
    Yes, absolutely. I have seen this before. It plays in well with their duals.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Well, not awkward for him maybe. What type are you?

I never saw it as awkward for anybody besides Oprah. The audience gave real laughs whilst Oprah had that shit "erm mer gerd" grin on. I do know that Grant went to Oxford Uni, so he's a pretty smart guy and it looks like he knew exactly what impact his words were having.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    You're right, it was harsh and greatly overgeneralized and better left unsaid. Alphas are not that stupid, we can tell. Even the LIIs with their 1-D Fe.

Ohh boy "better left unsaid" no truer words could come from an alpha.

Look, my words were not meant to be insulting. If it was possible could you look past the sting and maybe see the ring of truth in what I am saying?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Look, my words were not meant to be insulting. If it was possible could you look past the sting and maybe see the ring of truth in what I am saying?
    It's true for some alphas some of the time but not all of them all of the time. If you could have just stated that in the first place, it wouldn't have been so insulting.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's true for some alphas some of the time but not all of them all of the time. If you could have just stated that in the first place, it wouldn't have been so insulting.
    Ok, chips, I will censor myself next time when speaking in generalities so as to avoid offending somebody. Regardless, it doesn't make what I said any less true.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like the stuff my grandpa says. I wonder if he's the same type. What my grandpa never realized and never will is that people don't think he's as clever as he belives himself to be, and they try to get away from him, and the people who get along with him are the exact same way. Legends in their own minds. He borrows quips, quotes, jokes and never deviates from the same ones and laughs at them every time. I also wonder if he's on the high functioning end of the autism spectrum.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ok, chips, I will censor myself next time when speaking in generalities so as to avoid offending somebody. Regardless, it doesn't make what I said any less true.

You think it's true, it doesn't mean it actually is true.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You think it's true, it doesn't mean it actually is true.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others... you can't live long enough to make them all yourselves!"

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sorrowsofyoungwerther View Post
    I'm pretty sure Oprah is an EIE and Hugh Grant is a ILE or IEE. He gives off a Si and Ne vibe. In any case Oprah's Fe makes me uncomfortable and I am an ESE! She isn't really reading his body language and backing off. I feel bad for him. The questions are way too personal.

The whole thing all seemed Fi to me, Grant and Oprah. They were having a dark moment, very typical delta banter. If Oprah is EIE, then she is not at all getting to him in that conversation. Seems like they have that understanding. Crossing boundries, going further then an NT or ST would like, but NFs are ok with this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oprah is IEE. Uncertain about Grant but ILI seems about right.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure Oprah is an EIE and Hugh Grant is a ILE or IEE. He gives off a Si and Ne vibe. In any case Oprah's Fe makes me uncomfortable and I am an ESE! She isn't really reading his body language and backing off. I feel bad for him. The questions are way too personal.
    Yeah, I would also think IEE. IEEs often show that kind of negativity when they're getting annoyed, like rolling their eyes. I think the fact that he's so comfortable with showing negativity might be Fi. He's just not a particularly nice IEE. Also his sardonic and sarcastic humor has got to do with the fact that he's British.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, probably SLI or LII, not necessarily Fe polr

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So he is an SLI? The only other type I could actually see is not Fe polr, but Fe DS/HA. Something Si infantile about this vid.
    I think it'd be hard to be conclusive based just on this video. I do kind of have a type for him that I mentioned elsewhere, but that was based on other stuff about him. ...yeah.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it'd be hard to be conclusive based just on this video. I do kind of have a type for him that I mentioned elsewhere, but that was based on other stuff about him. ...yeah.
    Well I watched it a second time and I think I'm understanding what you meant by fe polr.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose this has been your experience but as an ESE I know when people are not sincere. It does happen and I ignore it or try to figure out what that person wants from me. With an SLE friend, I saw it coming months in advance when they were using a lot of Fe on me, that they would ask for a big favor and they did...I just didn't know what it would be yet. I was really disappointed and declined.
    Not surprising you could see what he wanted. Not least of all because his Fe is one dimensional. It was probably blatantly obvious to you if he was showing some kind of ethical appeal. Besides you are actuated by Ne so you are tuned into external detials that notices differences in people's behaviour. Connecting the dots. ESE are ignoring Se as well I think people forget that. They can read into people's intentions in the static behaviour just as well as any Se type, they just choose not to most times. They often ignore peoples Se motivations, or look over manipulating intentions.

Recently a SF type I know crossed the border with me and he said "oh they are just being friendly when he told you, you make me very curious". No buds, he said that because he wants to know if I'm coming to the country to work and to figure out why I am acting so strangley defensive. In other words, Se information.

Si does come in handy as I have a "log" of past interactions by which I can gauge their behavior and character. Its not just what people say but their body language, movements of their facial muscles, how they treat others in comparison, etc etc.
    That's why I said unless they are perceiving through Si. You can notice things about people and take note of variations in Si components. Sometimes its crazy accurate and other times its emphatically wrong. (Your idea of comfort is not other people's)

In my experience its those with Fe HA who could be easily fooled or try to fool, I have seen it with the SLE.
    That is producing Fe its meant to be used creatively by SEI and IEI, meaning it looks more "put on" and intermitten. Which works well for SLE because they are wanting more insight into life and not necessarily more expressive interaction and communication. As extroverts they fill those roles greatly themselves. Besides, shhhh, don't be revealing all the trade secrets.

You can't "fake" any function to someone who leads in that function. It will always come off as insincere.
    Bet your supervisor would disagree. At any rate, EIE and ESE fake it all the time.

Also you might think you can "fake" them, because most Fe leading types will either ignore fake behavior or play along for the sake of harmony of the group. This does not mean anyone was successful in "faking".

Good point, Fi types do the same thing, by using faked access points in relationships to maintain harmony. "I hate you but you are blank relation to me so we will get along for the sake of harmony"
    Last edited by wacey; 01-29-2017 at 10:49 PM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was younger I would get "intuition" about a person and a situation and actively IGNORE it. Usually my first intuition was exactly correct to what eventually happened but I would not listen. My EIE mother would lecture me about listening to this intuition. As recently as a few years ago my EII friend just looked at me and said: "why do you ignore your intuition?". I try not to dismiss these intuitive feelings now. But if I didn't see concrete evidence in the past I would ignore these feelings as I could not prove them. That said I am older now with stronger Ne, and am getting better. Socionics is very helpful as well.
    Cool man, glad to hear it.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

......... That said I am older now with stronger Ne, and am getting better.......
    Intuition is not linked to N but synthesis and connecting-the-dots are; however, S-types can have superb intuition. With age, all types will get use to operating in the zone where S and N overlap. ESE will sometimes operate like LII but they operate in the zone so their N-range doesn't really expand; they just get better at using what they've got.

a.k.a. I/O

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just by reading this thread I would say that insults are best served as ambiguous remarks (= usually drives ESIs insane).

It is funny though that I'm capable of those kinds of things that were included in examples just to elevate atmosphere.

Example
    Fe-PoLR: You know certain kinds of people reproduce by accident and their offspring...
    Me: You can always say to a student when he/she makes a mistake that he/she is a mistake.

I totally silenced him while everyone else were laughing their asses off.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Shadow View Post
    What I was trying to communicated is that Fe users (mostly dominant and creative) have constant need guage the emotional atmosphere. When they are uncertain or can't determine the emotional state of a person. They try to force a reaction out us instead of simply asking us or respecting the fact that we don't wish to share it with them. Acting as if they are entitled to an emotional connection with us..
    This is interesting, and I would like some concrete examples of this if it's possible. Being 1D Fe types, I have found that XLI's are generally unaware of how they are feeling in terms of emotion, and it is a place that is vulnerable for them so even if they are actually feeling a certain kind of way it won't be uncommon for them to deny it, not realize it, or not want to engage with that emotion. I dont believe their emotional assessments of themselves to be reliable in times of stress.

Now, this idea of Fe types being entitled to forcing an emotional connection and expression, what does that mean? I dont know what it looks like, and I am curious as to how that compares with types such as XEE's who have Fe demonstrative. Also, other than the examples, which is the main focus of this post, I am also curious if this extends towards all Fe valuing types regardless of Enneagram. Is it a an essential property of Fe to force emotional interaction and connectivity?
    Hey, feel free to PM me with any opinions about my type

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    This is interesting, and I would like some concrete examples of this if it's possible. Being 1D Fe types, I have found that XLI's are generally unaware of how they are feeling in terms of emotion, and it is a place that is vulnerable for them so even if they are actually feeling a certain kind of way it won't be uncommon for them to deny it, not realize it, or not want to engage with that emotion. I dont believe their emotional assessments of themselves to be reliable in times of stress.

Now, this idea of Fe types being entitled to forcing an emotional connection and expression, what does that mean? I dont know what it looks like, and I am curious as to how that compares with types such as XEE's who have Fe demonstrative. Also, other than the examples, which is the main focus of this post, I am also curious if this extends towards all Fe valuing types regardless of Enneagram. Is it a an essential property of Fe to force emotional interaction and connectivity?
    I don't feel like its an essential property but I do think its one that shows up more often than not (in Fe types). In fact I'd say its a pretty big milestone in terms of self understanding/enlightenment/health, etc that they recognize this in themselves and control it. I think its just a kind of cognitive bias that since they're viewing the world in terms of objective ethics and making the effort to do so (by this I mean maximizing positive Fe vibes--a precondition to this is "putting it out there" it feels "shady" to the Fe type if you don't, like you're creeping, etc), so should everyone else and if they don't they're wrong. Its the same hurdle Fi types have in understanding that Fe "fakeness" is really just others genuinely trying to do the right thing, and should be appreciated as such (at least inasmuch as it is not creating real problems)

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The bolded actually makes no sense because alpha has the complex of closed mouth supposedly (a la Strati). It's normally alphas who are champions of freedom of expression of ideas.

"Regardless, it doesn't make what I said any less true." http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1166272

^ It actually does make what you said less true because you were being unspecific.

You could have just been graceful and apologized since you were in the wrong, but you drew it out and passive-aggressively shot back and tried to defend yourself to the end instead. Congratulations -- it was very mature of you.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not surprising you could see what he wanted. Not least of all because his Fe is one dimensional.
    SLE Fe is 2D. Maybe you meant Fi?

ESE are ignoring Se as well I think people forget that. They can read into people's intentions in the static behaviour just as well as any Se type, they just choose not to most times. They often ignore peoples Se motivations, or look over manipulating intentions.
    ESEs don't ignore Se; they have it as their demonstrative. What they ignore is Fi, which may be what's the actual root of the latter part of your statement. But yeah, Si creative is also a little bit own-world-forming/reality-detaching, inherently (re: other parts of your post on Si which I left out from quoting in this reply).

Bet your supervisor would disagree. At any rate, EIE and ESE fake it all the time.
    It's a little bit odd to describe someone who is a leading type with a certain IE as "faking it all the time". Sure you can fake or overdo your lead IE too even if you're strong at it already. But just because Fe can be interpreted as inherently "fake" or ad-hoc doesn't mean that's what's actually happening here with how they're employing the IE. I just wanted to make these distinctions more clear.

Good point, Fi types do the same thing, by using faked access points in relationships to maintain harmony. "I hate you but you are blank relation to me so we will get along for the sake of harmony"
    I agree. In my experience all ethical types can do this. Fi ego types can drag on unhealthy relationships a lot longer than Fe egos ones because of this, IME. Whereas Fe ego types are more likely to candidly openly express themselves and adjust the relationship according to their sentiments in real time, which of course is more beneficial for types like my own.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wonder if Fe-polr is being mistaken for Fi-polr? Something else? While socially inappropriate comments may be indicative of Fe-polr, I wouldn't think that being a dick necessarily constitutes what Fe-polr is about. It may be more about 1) the general inability to create warm, loving, friendly, environments to attract singing rainbow unicorns and smiling dancing cupcakes 2) the social awkwardness at how to respond to positive emotions 3) the lack of emotional range of expressiveness that most people take for granted, leading to further social awkwardness and misunderstanding 4) monotone voice, just to name a few.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scientia View Post
    I wonder if Fe-polr is being mistaken for Fi-polr? Something else? While socially inappropriate comments may be indicative of Fe-polr, I wouldn't think that being a dick necessarily constitutes what Fe-polr is about. It may be more about 1) the general inability to create warm, loving, friendly, environments to attract singing rainbow unicorns and smiling dancing cupcakes 2) the social awkwardness at how to respond to positive emotions 3) the lack of emotional range of expressiveness that most people take for granted, leading to further social awkwardness and misunderstanding 4) monotone voice, just to name a few.
    Plus Fe-polr explains the absolute extroverted delight or anger outbursts we have on occasion.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe polr has nothing to do with being rude. xLI types are some of the most polite people.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tearsofaclown View Post
    Fe polr has nothing to do with being rude. xLI types are some of the most polite people.
    Maybe you're thinking of metalheads? \m/ \m/
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scientia View Post
    Yes, exactly. And not being enthused, or even feigning enthusiasm for lame, inauthentic group activities. I think Fe HA is the worst type of Fe. So clumsy. Want to be liked so bad. Sickening.

Shit like this from another site. A male playing fucking hostess. Like a Tupperware party. Let's have an internet "ball". What? lol. And mentions like 50 posters to come in the thread. That is trying hard to be liked. Check out this garbage, Fe in its worst form. It's just fuckin dorky. There is no other word for it.

http://personalitycafe.com/infp-foru...ion-infps.html

An EIE can be as insensitive or shocking as anybody. I actually think they are more confident doing it than lower Fe types.

EIEs generally refuse to conform to standards of what is acceptable and nice to say. Instead, they try to express themselves spontaneously — sometimes harshly, sometimes sweetly or kindly — not because that is what other people expect of them, but because that is what they actually feel at the moment.

Tupac could be EIE and is much harsher than that old Brit.

"I ain't got no motherfucking friends, that is why I fucked your bitch you fat motherfucker." said no Fe polr type ever.

Nas: Hate me now. Do it. I hate you too.

Hell or the pearly gates; I was destined to come
    Predicted, blame God, he blew breath in my lungs

Last edited by Tearsofaclown; 04-13-2017 at 12:28 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast