Almost every ENTj I know IRL is a gadget freak.

One buddy of mine has a custom fancy car stereo, dual flat panel monitors for his computer, a giant flat screen plasma TV, home theater, a few different gaming systems, tennis rackets, digital SLR cameras, dozens of different cellular phones, etc. Another was a car freak. He had a Nissan Maxima (Cefiro) and turned it into a 400hp beast with a supercharger, and then he put a custom turbo on it and it was probably making close to 450-500hp. He could out-run BMW M5's with that thing, and spent more money modifying the car than it was worth new. Then he sold it off and got a Mitsubishi Evo and modded the heck out of that thing, and who knows how much power it has other than "WAY TOO MUCH", lol. Then there's a "probable" ENTj down the road from where my parents live. The guy has a giant boat that's nearly as big as his whole house parked in the driveway half the year (which is hilarious), a BMW M3, and I've seen all sorts of stuff parked out on their driveway when he's cleaning out his garage once in awhile.

I'm more a minimalist.

I have a 99 model year car which is STOCK and has 158k miles on it. In an era where everybody is buying gigantic plasma TV's I have my 27" Sony WEGA (flat screen but tube type) which I bought years ago and is still fine. I kept using a big CRT computer screen for years until late last year when I picked up a 20.1" FP for $229 on sale. It would have been $600-700 a year or two ago for all the early adopters. Why bother? Just wait and it'll be a ton cheaper in a year or two. I have one phone, a Blackberry 8700c which I use a ton, but now that a "NEW" model is out I'm not rushing to trade in and get the new one. My old one works just fine. My mentaility when it comes to gadgets is that you're paying a premium price for inferior goods since new technology is always flawed and they'll have a superior 2nd or 3rd generation product out if you can wait a few years for 1/4th the price.

So what would this relate to in the Socionics sense for ENTJ's. Does it have to do with the hidden agenda "to be powerful"? Having the latest stuff, big toys, etc would show that, but I've never cared about that. Is the ENTJ motto something along the lines of "the man with the most/best toys when they die wins"?