Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Type Reconsideration (And For Good Reason)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I'm an LIE!!!

Salawa doesn't think I'm an SLE!

Why not, Salawa?
    Last edited by Ezra; 01-10-2008 at 04:58 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think you are probably an ENTp, generalizing is Ne's specialty i think. this is implies that if u know thatll work for one, itll work for all, principalizing what you know. especially after youve said it's for practical reasons. subjectiveness is hard to predict, as you can not generalize it with people. not saying that other types cant generalize, since everyone has every function, but Ne dominant do it on a secondly/daily basis, and dont let details of those principles get in the way. you are probably a Ti subtype. when youve been called arrogant, were you just confident? because i know if im right ill come off as arrogant but really im just confident in what i know because its observable in reality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blah, maybe Ne subtype. Im starting to doubt subtype theory.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You LOOK a bit ESTj like...I'm not sure your description matches that or not - in parts it does.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

intj istj or enfj!
    asd

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How old are you?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He starts off his self-description by declaring himself "loud, dominating and often very aggressive" and people guess ENTp and INTj? Where is the logic in that?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    He starts off his self-description by declaring himself "loud, dominating and often very aggressive" and people guess ENTp and INTj? Where is the logic in that?
    shut the fuck up. go read.
    asd

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    shut the fuck up. go read.
    Okay. Then what?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Understand that the introvert-extrovet, intuitive-sensory dichotomies don't describe the volume of voices, their social ease, or aggressiveness. He could very well be a INTj.

Also, am I the only one who notices how full of shit this guy is?
    asd

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah he could also be INTj. social ease probably has to do with self-esteem. everybody has different views of their self-esteem depending on their experience with those around them. you have to think about that before typing ppl, logos. everyone is different in that respect. besides that we are all matter. :-P

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by posablethumb
    yeah he could also be INTj. social ease probably has to do with self-esteem. everybody has different views of their self-esteem depending on their experience with those around them. you have to think about that before typing ppl, logos. everyone is different in that respect. besides that we are all matter. :-P
    Thanks for the advice; I will do. I would recommend reading the link that UDP posted though.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

intj istj or enfj!
    omg. glad i'm not the only one who saw ENFj. that was the first thing that came to mind.

i think i've seen you on the enneagram board. something you said made me pretty sure you were some > type.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I thought ENFj too momentarily, it fits some of the profile too, but I settled on ESTj because he looked like a ESTj I once knew. The guy in the background is probably a xNFx type, but I'm not sure of the quadra (INFp?).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha or Beta. I'm not sure about the rest yest.

Edit: Initially I thought something like ENTp or ENFj but with current information could as well be ISTj.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, I think that his type may be ESTp.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, I think that his type may be ESTp.
    It is possible. He at least tries to portray a sort of ESTp like forceful image. I can see how an ENTp could try to do that though. They push their role often into people's faces especially in new environments. He described himself as intellectual which is more ENTp than ESTp but I guess some ESTps could describe themselves that. ENFj could also adopt a forceful role and try to show their hidden agenda (Kristiina wrote how she tries to show her confident side to new people). Perhaps he really is i.e. ESTp or ISTj. We need more information Fe-Ti Quadra anyways. Some people said INTj and yes we have UDP here who breaks the laws of PoLR so not impossible but still he doesn't strike me as your typical INTj so not my primary guess. ENTj also crossed my mind but there were some stuff which were anti-Fi imho and would likely rule out ENTj. I would think enneagram 8 is stereotypically ENTj though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ezra: In addition to identifying with enneagram 8, how well do you identify with enneagram 3, 7 or 9?

From those three...
    If you identify most to 9 I would say it points to ENTj > ESTp, ENTp, ENFj
    If you identify most with 7 I would say it points to ESTp and ENTp > ENTj, ENFj
    If you identify most with 3 I would say it points to ENFj > ENTj > ESTp and ENTp

These are not 100% accurate though as socionics is very different from enneagram but these kind of correlations have been established. Expat can correct me if I misremember some of the rules.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that a lot of what you write is pretense
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think that description points most obviously to ESTp. Intellectual arrogance => Ti. However, elaboration is welcome.

I think that a lot of what you write is pretense
    Tis possible.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You look like one ISTp that I know, but your description does not seem like something that an ISTp would write. The description sounds ESTp. I personally don't see ENFj anywhere.

ISTp and ESTp are in the opposite quadras, so the mindset should be very different. And your mindset points to , so beta seems more likely. I'm not sure if it means you're ESTp.

EDIT: how about ISTj?
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTJ/ENTP for me too. Do you have any other pics?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or a video?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hmm I still say he's ENFj more than anything.

Also, am I the only one who notices how full of shit this guy is?
    OMG I KNOW! He does look confident but it looks really fake dude. Like he's not naturally a stereotypical ESTp alpha male he just wants to be one. I think he'd be really good at fooling stupid people though, and probably would make a good salesperson. His behavior so far definitely matches an ENFj 'The Actor'. He's so not in my quadra (not that it's a bad thing) and he's definitely a beta.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His post contains nothing Ethical about it, so why would you assume ENFj? Just because something seems fake, you shouldn't assume ENFj.

Anyway, why is most people changing their type guesses from the last topic, where the consensus was pretty much ESTp followed by ExTx. Same description, only difference...A picture. WHOAMG... Itt really shouldn't have changed as much as it did, it just shows you're relying on V.I more so than descriptions. And that's what most socionists warn against.

Anyway, what I think... I don't think the description is enough...but in a shallow basis...I'm guessing ENTp. Alot of young ENTp's do try to act aggressive, and like to congratulate themselves on being aggressive. But that's not all that should be focused on. Why I say ENTp, most of the description things or in a way, I really do think it's obvious he's a Logical type, and I choose Intuitive over Sensing... I chose Alpha because I don't see a ENTj describing themselves like that... maybe an INTp

anyway, I don't think an ethical type would say this

I've been known to be cold-hearted and detached, and I'm impartial to romantic relationships and the relationship with my whole family.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason he struck me as ENFj is that we can all tell from looking at his photograph he is not a physically powerful person. In fact, what I read most from the photograph is cleverness, cunning, and cruelty. He also tells us about the impression he makes upon other people. Usually people take 'making an impression' to mean, 'he wants to please everyone he meets.' But it means here that, 'I want to make you twist turn or fight. I just wanna fuck with you.'

Still could be other types. He looks like actor ryan phillipe.
    asd

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ThePeddler
    His post contains nothing Ethical about it, so why would you assume ENFj? Just because something seems fake, you shouldn't assume ENFj.

Anyway, why is most people changing their type guesses from the last topic, where the consensus was pretty much ESTp followed by ExTx. Same description, only difference...A picture. WHOAMG... Itt really shouldn't have changed as much as it did, it just shows you're relying on V.I more so than descriptions. And that's what most socionists warn against.

Anyway, what I think... I don't think the description is enough...but in a shallow basis...I'm guessing ENTp. Alot of young ENTp's do try to act aggressive, and like to congratulate themselves on being aggressive. But that's not all that should be focused on. Why I say ENTp, most of the description things or in a way, I really do think it's obvious he's a Logical type, and I choose Intuitive over Sensing... I chose Alpha because I don't see a ENTj describing themselves like that... maybe an INTp

anyway, I don't think an ethical type would say this

I've been known to be cold-hearted and detached, and I'm impartial to romantic relationships and the relationship with my whole family.
    A logical type might be as good at describing themselves. This includes the impression they create on others, their relationships(whether good bad or neutral), or their conscience control of their effect on people(He takes much pride in this ability). He seems confident in these evaluations. A logical type might better be able to tell you how s/he evaluates information. How they tend to organize their material interests, work, thoughts, etc. This could include how they evaluate people.
    asd

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with heath - Ezra doesn't look physically powerful on the picture and he did an excellant job describing the impression he gives on other people. I just don't really agree with him being ENFj. His confidence in Se seems way superior to me. His description has all the aspects of Se-EGO.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His confidence isn't necessarily his reality. I only have little information on which to doubt him. But I doubt him nonetheless. I think Se is powerful. But he doesn't seem to want 'power' over other people physically, or mentally. He seems to want to control their emotions and reactions to him(note 'seems'). I think people who go around saying they are something over and over may not be that something. More often they are want to be seen as that something. From what I understand this guy doesn't want to be seen as something(generally something = something good) as much as he wants to be seen.
    asd

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    I agree with heath - Ezra doesn't look physically powerful on the picture and he did an excellant job describing the impression he gives on other people. I just don't really agree with him being ENFj. His confidence in Se seems way superior to me. His description has all the aspects of Se-EGO.
    Why then he sounds like he's bluffing?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He really does sound like he's bluffing...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, if taken at face value, he seems ESTp from what he writes. From VI and from an impression of "trying too hard to be ESTp", ENFj makes more sense.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, let's get a few things straight, there seems to be a lot of confusion and second-guessing of me, because a) my description perhaps isn't clear enough and b) people don't trust me:

1. I'm ExTx. Rule out Introverted and Feeling.

2. I'm 17.

3. heath, how am I full of shit?

4. implied, yes, you have seen me on EIDB. I'm probably the most prominent poster on there.

5. XoX, I'll post some more information after I've finished with this post.

6. Again - XoX, I've gone deeply into my Enneagram type, and I'm not a 3, 7 or 9. Not competent enough to be a 3, too confident too be a 7, and too forceful and outgoing to be a 9.

7. Oh, FDG, why wasn't I expecting that?

8. Yes, I do have more pictures. Go here, and scroll down to the post made by Ezra. The last two captions are taking the piss, by the way, in case you don't pick up on it.

9. I'm not physically hard, no, but when fight comes, fight is had. And the power/forcefulness comes from my expansive energy.

10. None of this is bullshitting and/or an imposed image of me. It is how I genuinely perceive myself, and, reading it back to myself, how many of my peers would perceive me.

11. I am not trying to hard to do anything. The only thing I'm trying to do is know my type so that I can develop myself more.

12. Here's more description, and I'll try to go in depth more so you can understand the psychological elements of me:

I like to plan out what I'm doing i.e. if I'm walking home, I'll think to myself "right, when I get home, I'll check my stuff out on the computer, have a snack while doing it, then crack on with work. But if someone else is on the computer, I'll have a snack and go straight to work." I like to think that I'm someone who is planned, but can also be flexible if their is need for it. I can be passive aggressive if I'm doing something and trying to concentrate, and then someone comes along and asks me a moronic question. I HATE being told what to do by anyone, and it seems natural to me to tell others what to do. If we're working on a project, I'll look at it, and then dish out orders. At first, they'll be mocking "look at Ezra giving out the orders!" but then they get on with it. People often see me as incoherent: "what ARE you on about?" when in my mind, it makes perfect sense. The fact is, I realise I've made massive jumps in conversation, but that's simply because my mind works very quickly. Ideas fly in, out and around me when in philosophical or political debate. So, on the surface, I can appear as one minute a very capitalistic right-wing libertarian, and on the next, a fully blown Marxist. I look like one big contradiction. Which is untrue. I think my political and philosophical stance out loud. I subconsciously force people around me to generate more ideas so as to get a good picture of, well, the picture. My social life generally is not important to me, but when I am socialising, I'm the one who does the talking, who generates the energy, who doesn't stop. In fact, those who don't know me as well as my closest friend are very surprised when I'm quieter. I generally don't care what people think of me. I'll take my lunch, and walk over to a table of people I know, and they'll tell me to piss off, but I'll eat anyway. They don't hate me (some of them do), but many don't particularly love me or want to have discussions. I generate discussions with them nonetheless, because I'd rather not be sat on my own, talking to no one. Who would? The reason why? I have to be doing something. I'm a doing person. I also want to not feel sorry for myself like an asshole, and make conversation with people regardless of what they think of me. Often I'll do this by teasing them, and then we'll go into a full-on debate concerning something about which I know nothing of, but just enjoy a good debate to clear the air between us. They might think I'm a tosser, the truth is though, I don't care. My work is done. I can impulsively swear at someone, and be a bully without even realising it. There is often a lot of nervous, angry energy in me. I don't know where it comes from. I hate not doing something because I'm bored of it, and have to keep working on a shitty project, because it needs doing. Work is an integral part of where my career, and hence my life, is going. I hate people who think I bullshit when I don't i.e. don't trust me. I'm as outwardly fucking genuine as anything! I can't hide things. When people see me as cold and detached, I actually do not feel emotion - I'm not just hiding the fact that I have any! I can't and don't lie. I can be extremely enthusiastic about something, and get pretty upward about it. I like human contact, and if I've got love to express - if I'm feeling good - I'll express it, I'll let my guard down. I can be a very fun person, but it depends if I want to or not. If not, I'm apprehensive about dancing or whatever, and I don't feel enthusiastic at all. I feel more laid-back, and want to revel in that peaceful moment (like a stubborn 9 on the Enneagram).

That's another description of what I do and why I do it, at a much deeper level than the first.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol i don't know why but i just got the "omg this guy is full of shit." vibe, as well. perhaps i need to reconsider Se dom myself.

i think i'm convinced on ENFj, i could sort of see ENTp/ESTp. i see -dom or -ha, but why on earth is it so massively unconvincing?

i think this guy's general place as far as smilingeyes mottos are concerned is somewhere like, "i'm awesome, aren't i?"
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's another thing. I'm not particularly likeable.

And, can't remember who it was, but someone asked me if when people think I'm arrogant I'm just confident, yes, it's true. But I still make a point of being proper arrogant to piss people off. Not this time though. Everything I say here is me. If you don't like it, you can do your own fucking thing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't actually have any opinions on whether you're likeable or not but i sort of sincerely doubt your ability to invoke fear in me and be some sort of boss to me.

edit --- i recall raisonpure talking about how you can "feel" the presence of types and how you instinctively KNOW that you CANNOT take a step too far with them or they will totally cut you down. even if they are not especially "physically dominating" (they can be skinny as rails or whatever) they still have a presence. i am not getting this at all like i get with my dad's ISFj ex-wife who would take me to a stage of kiss-assery and happy obligation with whatever she wanted to do in less than a minute.

and this:

I think people who go around saying they are something over and over may not be that something. More often they are want to be seen as that something. From what I understand this guy doesn't want to be seen as something(generally something = something good) as much as he wants to be seen.
    i agree with this. not once have i heard a -type go on and on about their own "power and expansive energy," rather you just know it is there.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I don't aim to be. I don't boss people if they don't boss me. Fucking with people is a different matter. It's fun to piss people off occasionally.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    1. I'm ExTx. Rule out Introverted and Feeling.
    In Socionics, you could still be pretty much as you described yourself and be a feeling type.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast