Thread: Type pictures from reliable site

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type pictures from reliable site

Here are pictures of people who have passed through Elena Udalova's school of socionics in Moscow, which has a high reputation. She is not a proponent of static-facial-feature VI, by the way, but does note certain similarities in expressions, energy, body, appearance, etc.

Identicals
    Duals
    Conflicters
    Businesslike types
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most of those look pretty spot-on. specially the identicals. wish there was english so you could see the types.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah you can really see how the identicals have similar facial expressions. I wish it were in English too so I could see what types everyone is.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of those V.I.s are compatible with vilinius's system. Pretty great!
    asd

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a translator in the house?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Sure, here's the Babelfish translation
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

This translator works fine without any problems, but I don't know how to do direct links from here, so you'll have to copy and paste yourself . It's quite interesting, but you'll have to try and find out what is meant by 'Don Quixote' etc. if you can't remember. I like the second Balzac pic in the Duals section - very goofy .

Yahoo! Babel Fish - Text Translation and Web Page Translation

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Sure, here's Babelfish

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(I had forgotten to stick the link in -- now it's fixed)

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's pretty cool.

I tested my VI skills before translating it. Having two identicals side by side in the same picture is interesting.

i also like the estp/infj conflictors.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, for some reason I clicked on the first link thinking it was the page for duals, and as soon as I got about halfway down the page, I thought "These people look way more like identicals than duals..." So I came back to the thread, and low and behold...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are very good...thanks for posting this.

I haven't seen enough attention to describing how various relationships (other than dual) appear.

One thing I notice, though, is that I would have tremendous difficulty identifying the types of many of these pictures if the people were by themselves. This just goes to show how hard VI is.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus god, people that scary looking really exist in real life? Thought that was just the movies...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    Jesus god, people that scary looking really exist in real life? Thought that was just the movies...
    And the ex-Soviet States.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The furniture and wall paper is really quite disturbing too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People are probably more serious-looking in Russia than in the West. But there are lot of happy-looking people there too.

I think one of the most interesting things about these pictures is how they challenge typical preconceptions of what types look like. Many of the ESps look less flamboyant than one might expect; many of the ISps appear more extraverted.

Here are my notes:

Identicals:

"Two Napy — directly, two solnyshka!"
    Napy must mean ESFp. They look like ESFps, but I bet some people might mistakenly think they're ISFp since they're so low-key.

"Two robe, thinned and romantic"

Robe must mean INTj. They also look very INTj...cool and calculating. But I could see someone mistaking them for INFp, especially compared to the two immediately below.

Duals:
    "Shtirlits + Dostoyevsky"

I would easily mistake the ESTj for ESFj. I think there's a bias to think that T types must have angular features.
    The INFj seems more "bubbly" than usually depicted in VI sites, but I can see she why she's INFj.

"Dostoyevsky + Shtirlits"
    I wouldn't have a clue here.

"Balzac (in the dark-blue) and Napoleon (in the red) "
    The ESFp is easy to spot because of the pose. The INTp is harder. By herself, I might have just as easily thought ISTj.

The INTp-ESFp pair: I guess those are the scary ones.

The 1st two ISFj-ENTj pairs: They look the way I'd expect, but somehow I think there are some ISFj-ENTjs who are a bit livelier than that.

"Dreiser and Dzhek": Okay, there's the livelier couple. I wouldn't be able to tell him from an INTp though.

"Balzac and Napoleon: there is in dualakh something general, it is undoubted"

Would never have guess those are their types.

"Robesp'er and Hugo: the romantic girls"

I hope they mean the INTj is on the right-hand side, or I'm totally confused. Notice how the ESFj looks rather introverted. I bet many people here would have guessed ISFp for her.

Skipping down:
    "One additional Don in the strong hands of duala"

She looks like an introvert, and he looks like an extreme extravert. I would have guessed ESTj for his type.
    Overall, I think a lot of people on the site assume, based on Ganin's site, that ISFps are all glamorous-looking models. The ISFps here present a different view...strong, confident image.

The ENTp in the the right-hand picture (guy with glasses: left-hand side of this picture) is someone I would have thought is an introvert...either INTp or intellectual INFp.

"Dual pair Balzac — Napoleon 5 years. To sestrichkam greatly it transported."
    The one on the right looks ESFp, but the one on the left's expression borders on looking like a rational type somehow.

Conflict:
    Except for the Dumas/Jack picture, they all look like good pairs to me. If they took out the words about their types and just said they were duals, I'd be inclined to be believe it.

Business (look-alike):
    "Business partners Esenin and Dyum"

Again, the ISFp completely blows my image of the ISFp. He looks more like a super-confident business tycoon than the goofy, clown-like images, or the romantic-lead-actor types usually pictured as ISFp on Socionics sites.
    Also, if they had said that he's ESTp and that this is a dual pair, I would have believed it.

Other
    "It — Zhukov, it — Balzac. We congratulate you, children!"
    I might have guessed INFp for her, but probably mostly because the INTps on Socionics sites usually always frowning.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan

"Two robe, thinned and romantic"

Robe must mean INTj. They also look very INTj...cool and calculating. But I could see someone mistaking them for INFp, especially compared to the two immediately below.
    I agree.. are these Ti and Ne subtypes, respectively? I have a bad reaction to the lower pair. I have a bad reaction in general to certain INTjs, I'm wondering if it is related to subtypes?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    I agree.. are these Ti and Ne subtypes, respectively? I have a bad reaction to the lower pair. I have a bad reaction in general to certain INTjs, I'm wondering if it is related to subtypes?
    These folks are supposed to be your identicals.

I might have guessed that the first two were the Ne subtypes, but I could be wrong. Actually, the first two just seem to show more Fe-seeking. The bottom have the "organized" Ij look to them.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These folks are supposed to be your identicals.
    I know I know.. I think what I dislike is a reflection of my own polr.

Btw, "i agree" means I agree that I thought the first pair was INFp at first.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw, "i agree" means I agree that I thought the first pair was INFp at first.
    The difference is striking, isn't it? You can see in the first pair's calculating look why they would be INTj, but compared to the second pair, they look far more Ip in temperament. I'm guessing that standard subtype theory (Ti vs. Ne subtype) may not explain the difference here. This is where I start to wonder more about theories such as Tcaud's...maybe information-metabolism of INTj, exertion-type of INFp. Or something like that. (I could even see INTp Ni subtype as a possibility, though the poetic poses suggest Fe-Ti.) But who knows...they're just pictures.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they took out the words about their types and just said they were duals, I'd be inclined to be believe it.
    Keep this similar idea in mind when people come into the forums already labeled with a type for themselves. The same principle applies in these situations as well. Labels evoke an incredible amount of power in their own right.
    Johari Box

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one is my favorite. It's immediately obvious.

Business (look-alike):
    "Business partners Esenin and Dyum"

Again, the ISFp completely blows my image of the ISFp. He looks more like a super-confident business tycoon than the goofy, clown-like images, or the romantic-lead-actor types usually pictured as ISFp on Socionics sites.
    Don't let the suit throw you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes. You'd think only hot and sexy supermodels would be attracted to something like socionics. Goddamn. what a mixed up world.
    asd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    This one is my favorite. It's immediately obvious.
    The roles are...the bad ESTp with the angelic INFj...and of course the potential grounds for conflict, with the INFj trying to reform the wayward ESTp.
    But they still look as if they're having fun and as if they go well together somehow.

Don't let the suit throw you.
    The suit, the expression on his face, the haircut, the broad shoulders, the posture, and also the fact that he seems kind of like one of the other ISFps in the same post who also doesn't fit the stereotype. It's that strong, confident caretaker..."I'll take care of you" expression that clearly is part of being an Si type, but just dominates in these people to an extent I didn't expect (at least, in the pictures). I somehow never saw ISFps quite that way; I thought crea-Si was more like that.

Actually, none of the three ISFps I copied into my post here look much like the stereotype. What about the balding guy with the 5-o'clock shadow and the studied, quizzical look?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People are probably more serious-looking in Russia than in the West. But there are lot of happy-looking people there too.

I think one of the most interesting things about these pictures is how they challenge typical preconceptions of what types look like. Many of the ESps look less flamboyant than one might expect; many of the ISps appear more extraverted.

Here are my notes:

I hope they mean the INTj is on the right-hand side, or I'm totally confused. Notice how the ESFj looks rather introverted. I bet many people here would have guessed ISFp for her.
    No, the ESE is on the right. Her face is more block-shaped and she is reacting confidently to the picture, whereas the LII is making a weird pose, so it shouldn't be too hard to see.

This is why you need multiple pictures. If you caught the first LII pair smiling, they would appear to have a different personality, and the second LII pair would appear more distant and calculating if they weren't. I can easily see some of those "tricky" SEIs looking differently if they had taken several pictures of them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love this comparison contrast stuff. Is there more of it somewhere?

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are my notes:

No, the ESE is on the right. Her face is more block-shaped and she is reacting confidently to the picture, whereas the LII is making a weird pose, so it shouldn't be too hard to see.

This is why you need multiple pictures. If you caught the first LII pair smiling, they would appear to have a different personality, and the second LII pair would appear more distant and calculating if they weren't. I can easily see some of those "tricky" SEIs looking differently if they had taken several pictures of them.
    Interesting. I'm wondering, though: Given that this the only picture we have of them, would it really be possible to guess their types if they didn't say? I see what you mean: The one on the right is staring at the camera, which may be a sign of S, whereas the one on the left is being more creative with her pose, which may be a sign of N. But can you really tell (without relying on the text), for example, that the one on the right, with the emotionless face, is an Ethical type, and that the one on the left, who is clearly expressing herself much more, is a logical type? It seems, perhaps, with only one picture, one really can't tell, right?

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adult Yesenochki are also similar to each other
    That is so awesome. from now on I refer to INFps as Yesenochki.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are my notes:

Interesting. I'm wondering, though: Given that this the only picture we have of them, would it really be possible to guess their types if they didn't say? I see what you mean: The one on the right is staring at the camera, which may be a sign of S, whereas the one on the left is being more creative with her pose, which may be a sign of N. But can you really tell (without relying on the text), for example, that the one on the right, with the emotionless face, is an Ethical type, and that the one on the left, who is clearly expressing herself much more, is a logical type? It seems, perhaps, with only one picture, one really can't tell, right?
    I think even the best and most experienced photo typers can rarely guess types confidently from just one picture, and sometimes their guesses are wrong. I don't think we should even expect people to be able to do that. An easier and more reliable approach is to look at lots of pictures, and better yet, to find out information about the person. I am fairly confident about this being an accurate set of types because most of the people here match others I have in my mental data base or are reasonably close.

I think the S versus N here is not a matter of creativity and the lack thereof, but a question of confidence in one's physical presence and willingness to face the camera strongly or not. The "creative pose" of the LII seems to be more of an avoidance reaction, whereas the ESE is like, "sure, go ahead, I'm here." The ESE takes the photo head on, while the LII retreats from it.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think even the best and most experienced photo typers can rarely guess types confidently from just one picture, and sometimes their guesses are wrong. I don't think we should even expect people to be able to do that. An easier and more reliable approach is to look at lots of pictures, and better yet, to find out information about the person. I am fairly confident about this being an accurate set of types because most of the people here match others I have in my mental data base or are reasonably close.

I think the S versus N here is not a matter of creativity and the lack thereof, but a question of confidence in one's physical presence and willingness to face the camera strongly or not. The "creative pose" of the LII seems to be more of an avoidance reaction, whereas the ESE is like, "sure, go ahead, I'm here." The ESE takes the photo head on, while the LII retreats from it.
    When i take pictures I think I'm about half and half on "submitting" to the camera, but yes in many cases I will show some sign of being aware that this is a funny situation and "make fun" of it in some way, like the girl on the left is doing. When I first saw the pics and the types, I knew which was which, but it had to do with the expressions and eyes, not the postures. I do think it is possible to see in one picture what many pictures might give you. When you take many photos you are looking for something among the many, at least I am. It's possible to see that thing in one photo if it's done right.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENxp & ESI?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by walker31 View Post

ENxp & ESI?
    it says ESTp & INFj.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not bad.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's too difficult to tell what type they really are from just one picture.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE
    KGB agents.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only thing I ever learned from socionics = there are some Fugly Russians

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugly? What kind of supermodel-filled world do some of you people live in? This is what I call "real-life normal" (as opposed to "Hollywood normal").

Also, this is a very interesting and informative thread.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

interesting, supposedly twins of differing types
    http://translate.googleusercontent.c...05vAJU2P_5OaRQ