Thread: "Ghetto"

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "Ghetto"

I've known this girl for a few years, but only from a distance. I'll be working closely with her for the next few months, and these are observations from the last couple of days. "Ghetto" is a pet form of a nickname, the origin of which is circumstantial and I don't think has much to do with her personality. I'll put down what I have so far, though there'll probably be more to add plus perhaps some corrections and clarifications as I get to know her better.

Well-dressed. And by that I mean, not necessarily expensive clothing, but matching, stylish, and clean. She's not rich, but she can look it. On the surface, this is definitely one of her most prominent features, something that people associate with her.

Busy. Has a million things going on. Has a special fondness for her planner. Well, okay, not a million. It's more than I would feel comfortable taking on, but she seems to be pretty balanced and not stressed.

Organized. Practical. "This is my bag. I always have it with me. It has everything in it, and I never take anything out. That way, whether I'm at work, or school, or anywhere else, I always have everything." And she does. (That's how she talks, too - the same sort of rhythm and sentence structure.)

A bit of a perfectionist. As an example, we were at a restaurant and she had to take her retainer out so she could eat. She put in inside a napkin, because "Even though I don't want to [accidentally] throw it away, I don't want to look at it. That's just... gross." But then she kept almost involuntarily twitching at the napkin, trying to make it lie flat, and I could tell she was highly distracted by it. Finally, one of the other people there suggested she just wrap it up and put it somewhere. So she carefully folded the napkin around the retainer and put it in her pocket. Her expression immediately lightened and she easily fell back into the flow of conversation. It was just a little moment that nobody else really noticed, but she didn't have a guard up and it told me something about her.

Analytical. Detailed. She's great at proof-reading and forming formal language in documents. She seems to like coming up with things like purpose statements. She's good at wording things, taking people's ideas and condensing them into relatively simple words and phrases. (Note: this particular characteristic has been more hinted at by related behavior than confirmed by what I've actually seen.)

Successful. It seems to come naturally to her to be at the top, or near the top, of whatever organization or project she's working on. She's a member of her student government, and manages many of their internal affairs. However, she doesn't seem power hungry; she just ends up in high or important places because she strives to succeed at whatever she does.

She's one of those people that you could easily see running some marketing or image improvement business. She knows how to make things look good. Actually, I think that's one of her professional goals, to establish a business like that.

She acts a little blond sometimes, but more in how she comes across than how she actually is. She habitually inserts "like" into her sentences. And she likes to talk a lot – serious stuff, and not serious. She'll easily jump from the intricacies of people's personalities and how they interact, to the contents of her closet, to the story about how she dragged a couch from one end of the campus to the other at 2 in the morning and then fell asleep on it part way there. She seems to like to talk about how she organizes things and gets things done and stories about her own life. She also has shown an interest in talking about people. Not really gossip or specific people, but how people think and, hm... do things.

She's pretty straightforward and doesn't seem to have that certain shield a lot of people do. She's confident in her transparency. She's very direct about what she likes and doesn't like, though she doesn't force it on people. She's honest and sometimes blunt, but not in a way that bothers me. She's not unkind.

She calls herself a nerd, and she pretty much is. She's always preferred computer class to P.E., and she loves the library and reading. She described how when she was in middle school, she had these big glasses and funny hair, and was basically a stereotypical geek. Then, after a particularly horrible yearbook picture, she decided she wanted to teach herself how to smile. So she sat in front of the mirror for hours until she was satisfied. Then she got contacts, and one thing led to another until now she looks very much not a geek. However, she still possesses the soul of a nerd, and I think she might be one of those rare people I could talk to about socionics and actually get in depth about it, if it ever comes up. Come to think of it, we share a lot of the same types of interests.

The type of job she has now, where we're both working, requires her to be in charge of the people who clean and maintain the grounds and facilities. Among other things, it will require a fair amount of physical labor and mucking about. Just looking at her, a lot of people, even those who have been around her frequently, would find it hard to imagine her happily getting dirty and sweaty, and living a life without a lot of conveniences. Knowing her as I do, I think she'll do great and is well-suited. For one thing, she has the amazing talent of being able to go days at a time without a shower, all the while looking (and smelling) fantastic. When she does get dirty, she does it purposefully and doesn't freak out about it. And even though she likes organization and cleanliness, she isn't abrasive about it. She knows how to prioritize, so some messes, while they may tug at her, are acceptable and tolerable. She's wanted this job for awhile, too, and just the fact that she is so organized and on top of things tells me she'll do great.

Okay, that's all for now. What think you all?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably ESTj.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? That's funny, because I actually thought that awhile ago, but I didn't want to apply that label to her in case I was wrong.

In my interactions with her, what would give it away that she's ESTj? I mean, what specifically could I do to provoke a characteristically ESTj response?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFj.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, ESxj-Si looks like the only possibility.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: "Ghetto"

Quote Originally Posted by Minde
    Well-dressed. And by that I mean, not necessarily expensive clothing, but matching, stylish, and clean. She's not rich, but she can look it. On the surface, this is definitely one of her most prominent features, something that people associate with her.
    Then she's at the very least NOT a type with little concern or confidence in Si, so ENFj and ENTj are very unlikely and if that's a very prominent characteristics, already suggests a Si-ego type.

Busy. Has a million things going on. Has a special fondness for her planner. Well, okay, not a million. It's more than I would feel comfortable taking on, but she seems to be pretty balanced and not stressed.
    Suggests EJ temperament, or extroversion generally, and again clealy suggests strong Si>Ni preference.

Organized. Practical. "This is my bag. I always have it with me. It has everything in it, and I never take anything out. That way, whether I'm at work, or school, or anywhere else, I always have everything." And she does. (That's how she talks, too - the same sort of rhythm and sentence structure.)
    Again the same, and from the point of view of Reinin, Calculating, very strongly so.

A bit of a perfectionist. As an example, we were at a restaurant and she had to take her retainer out so she could eat. She put in inside a napkin, because "Even though I don't want to [accidentally] throw it away, I don't want to look at it. That's just... gross." But then she kept almost involuntarily twitching at the napkin, trying to make it lie flat, and I could tell she was highly distracted by it. Finally, one of the other people there suggested she just wrap it up and put it somewhere. So she carefully folded the napkin around the retainer and put it in her pocket. Her expression immediately lightened and she easily fell back into the flow of conversation. It was just a little moment that nobody else really noticed, but she didn't have a guard up and it told me something about her.
    Very, very strong Si focus.

Analytical. Detailed. She's great at proof-reading and forming formal language in documents. She seems to like coming up with things like purpose statements. She's good at wording things, taking people's ideas and condensing them into relatively simple words and phrases. (Note: this particular characteristic has been more hinted at by related behavior than confirmed by what I've actually seen.)
    Suggests confidence in Te and Ti.

Successful. It seems to come naturally to her to be at the top, or near the top, of whatever organization or project she's working on. She's a member of her student government, and manages many of their internal affairs. However, she doesn't seem power hungry; she just ends up in high or important places because she strives to succeed at whatever she does.
    Si EJ.

She's one of those people that you could easily see running some marketing or image improvement business. She knows how to make things look good. Actually, I think that's one of her professional goals, to establish a business like that.
    Again Si EJ, but with a hint of both Fe and Te.

She acts a little blond sometimes, but more in how she comes across than how she actually is. She habitually inserts "like" into her sentences. And she likes to talk a lot – serious stuff, and not serious. She'll easily jump from the intricacies of people's personalities and how they interact, to the contents of her closet, to the story about how she dragged a couch from one end of the campus to the other at 2 in the morning and then fell asleep on it part way there. She seems to like to talk about how she organizes things and gets things done and stories about her own life. She also has shown an interest in talking about people. Not really gossip or specific people, but how people think and, hm... do things.
    Si EJ behavior, lack of Ni focus.

She's pretty straightforward and doesn't seem to have that certain shield a lot of people do. She's confident in her transparency. She's very direct about what she likes and doesn't like, though she doesn't force it on people. She's honest and sometimes blunt, but not in a way that bothers me. She's not unkind.
    That's what tips me more towards Te than Fe, especially with you saying it.

She calls herself a nerd, and she pretty much is.
    Not many ESFj women, especially with the description so far, would see themselves, and be seen, as "nerds". ESTj is much more likely.

She's always preferred computer class to P.E., and she loves the library and reading. She described how when she was in middle school, she had these big glasses and funny hair, and was basically a stereotypical geek. Then, after a particularly horrible yearbook picture, she decided she wanted to teach herself how to smile. So she sat in front of the mirror for hours until she was satisfied.
    ESTj >>>>>>>>ESFj

Then she got contacts, and one thing led to another until now she looks very much not a geek. However, she still possesses the soul of a nerd, and I think she might be one of those rare people I could talk to about socionics and actually get in depth about it, if it ever comes up. Come to think of it, we share a lot of the same types of interests.
    You probably do.

The type of job she has now, where we're both working, requires her to be in charge of the people who clean and maintain the grounds and facilities. Among other things, it will require a fair amount of physical labor and mucking about. Just looking at her, a lot of people, even those who have been around her frequently, would find it hard to imagine her happily getting dirty and sweaty, and living a life without a lot of conveniences. Knowing her as I do, I think she'll do great and is well-suited. For one thing, she has the amazing talent of being able to go days at a time without a shower, all the while looking (and smelling) fantastic. When she does get dirty, she does it purposefully and doesn't freak out about it. And even though she likes organization and cleanliness, she isn't abrasive about it. She knows how to prioritize, so some messes, while they may tug at her, are acceptable and tolerable. She's wanted this job for awhile, too, and just the fact that she is so organized and on top of things tells me she'll do great.
    You are describing something you value - - in someone who can do it well and possibly for you.

Okay, that's all for now. What think you all?
    She's you dual. I have little reason to doubt it. ESTj. I think you described her precisely as an INFj female would describe an ESTj female.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my interactions with her, what would give it away that she's ESTj? I mean, what specifically could I do to provoke a characteristically ESTj response?
    Just be 100% yourself.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Just be 100% yourself.
    Ok. I usually am. I mean, I usually don't try not to be myself, if that makes sense. Unless I think it's required of me.

Hm, I'm not sure you can answer what I was asking. Never mind, then. I'll just watch and see what happens. This should be quite interesting and educational, working closely with a dual.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know we’ve already discussed her type, but I thought it would be interesting to add this:
    Quote Originally Posted by An ESFj
    My first impression was that she was a Barbie. Sort of a perfect "don't mess with my nails and makeup" kind of girl. Also, she is someone I don't know very well. We don't have very much in common. I didn't Like Getto at first, either! She was to PERFECT! I love the way she plays the violin though.

She is also very strong, type A, perfect... She has lots of stress in that she has lots of expectations of herself. She wants the best from herself. I respect her for this sort of attitude. If she is going to do something, she will do it well.

She isn't afraid to say what she thinks, yet when she does you know she has thought about it and is very serious. Very smart. I like her for that. I'm beginning to see her intelligence and I respect her a lot. Though, she is someone I could never feel close to. She is not very intimately relational that I've noticed or experienced. I think she has a tendency to keep people at a slight distance.
    It's actually a little funny she says that last bit, because Ghetto seems really open to me. For example, the other night she talked to me quite a bit about her life and spiritual struggles/growth. I'm not sure if she freely shares like that with just anybody, but she's capable anyway.