Thread: What's harder than PoLR

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's harder than PoLR

Typically, PoLR is seen as the the thing that's "hard" to do. I think that's a bit of a simplification of what PoLR is, but that's how it's generally understood.

I would like to suggest something harder: Using your role function as a creative function. I think that's really much harder than PoLR. PoLR isn't really a big barrier to "accepting subtypes." And role isn't really that hard if you're using it like your look-alike or super ego type. But using your role function the way your conflict and supervisee use it: That's what people hate to do.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that's one of the things people hate to do, not necessarily more than focus on the PoLR.

But I can see your point, in the sense that I probably find it easier to use as an ENFj does - and I probably do - than look at it as an ISFp or INFp do. And from my experience with ISFps, I think it makes sense that they dislike using the way ENTjs or ENFjs do. So, yes, I think it's an interesting way of looking at it.

It's less "uncongenial" to use your role function as if it was your base function than as your creative function, so yes, well spotted.

But is that really harder than focusing on your PoLR as if it was your base function? For the PoLR it's the opposite, it's easier to use it as your creative function than as your base function.

Which is why, in a nutshell, you find it much easier to relate to your super-ego than to your conflictor.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all in the temperments
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...