Thread: Polarity test

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Polarity test

Below are 2 polarities. Each one has a strong and weak quality. Which polarity contains your strongest and weakest quality. Also which one is your strongest quality within the polarity you selected.

POLARITY ONE:

Generating idea----------------Boldness

POLARITY TWO:

Efficiency----------------------- Enthusiasm

Also, in the polarity you didn't choose, which quality makes you feel relaxed if that quality is possessed by a person you hang around with.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANSWERS
    If your strongest quality is generating ideas, and you feel relaxed around people filled with enthusiasm, then your type is one of the following:
    ENTp
    INTj

If your strongest quality is generating ideas, and you feel relaxed around people that are efficient, then your type is one of the following:
    INFj
    ENFp

If your strongest quality is boldness, and you feel relaxed around people filled with enthusiasm, then your type is one of the following:
    ESTp
    ISTj

If your strongest quality is boldness, and you feel relaxed around people that are efficient, then your type is one of the following:
    ISFj
    ESFp

If your strongest quality is efficiency, and you feel relaxed around people filled with ideas, then your type is one of the following:
    ESTj
    ISTp

If your strongest quality is efficiency, and you feel relaxed around people that are filled with boldness, then your type is one of the following:
    ENTj
    INTp

If your strongest quality is enthusiasm, and you feel relaxed around people that are filled with ideas, then your type is one of the following:
    ESFj
    ISFp

If your strongest quality is enthusiasm, and you feel relaxed around people that are filled with boldness, then your type is one of the following:
    INFp
    ENFj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

POLARITY TWO: Budgeting----------------------- Enthusiasm

INFp, me.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Works for me.

Great at generating ideas, horrible at following through...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's a pretty cool one.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These things never work for me

I'm a budgeting ENTp

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? I'm a generative INTp.

Although I prefer to call myself an "organizer of ideas". Maybe that's what is meant by budgeting?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it seems like that there is a big difference between and ; and and , but not between and , and and

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It must be the deep, dark secret of Socionics. Or else someone has their type wrong.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone

Although I prefer to call myself an "organizer of ideas". Maybe that's what is meant by budgeting?
    Well, let’s see: I can come up with an idea on how best to work out a budget (organizing), I'm restrictive with my resources and I try to leverage resources (i.e. time) to produce as much as possible. I'm just guessing, but seems to push for maxium potential while can judge what it might be.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean.

Well, let’s see: I can come up with an idea on how best to work out a budget (organizing), I'm restrictive with my resources and I try to leverage resources (i.e. time) to produce as much as possible. I'm just guessing, but seems to push for maxium potential while can judge what it might be.
    Perhaps, but I don't think budgeting is really an idea you can come up with, but rather an orientation in thinking. I think Ne is about what you said, maximizing potential, but it also has an element of action, i.e. it seeks to maximize potential by producing and revising (and that's what you basically said.) Ni also seeks to maximize potential, but in a way that delays reaction, i.e. by reflecting and revising. It's careful and very doubtful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Semantics will always get in the way.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn those semantics! we should put them on the moon with the lunatics

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

knows how to allocate resources for undertaking projects, as well as coming up with ideas and plans. It could also be intellectual, in that it is spatial. It connects ideas and fits them in to a model, it’s like fitting pieces of a puzzle, one at a time until the whole concept could be used to leverage yet even more potential.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps, but I don't think budgeting is really an idea you can come up with, but rather an orientation in thinking. I think Ne is about what you said, maximizing potential, but it also has an element of action, i.e. it seeks to maximize potential by producing and revising (and that's what you basically said.) Ni also seeks to maximize potential, but in a way that delays reaction, i.e. by reflecting and revising. It's careful and very doubtful.
    is not necessarily action oriented

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, Ne is actually "delayed action".

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pushes for maximum potential in thought, but not in action. When the user of this function sees the potentail value in something (a process in which I cannot describe right now), it motivates the self to seek that value. also sees alternatives, I think that is because it preceives information before making a judgement, but the preception is not necessarily concrete.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should I replace the word "budgeting" with something else?

Somehow it seems out of place. Perhaps "economical".

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Economical" might work. I would have chosen that if it was up there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

POLARITY ONE:

Generating idea----------------Doubtlessness

POLARITY TWO:

Economical----------------------- Enthusiasm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    POLARITY ONE:

Generating idea----------------Doubtlessness

POLARITY TWO:

Economical----------------------- Enthusiasm

Economical: Te types
    Enthusiasm: Fe types
    Ideas: Ne types
    Doubtlessness: Se types

Nothing new here. Something similiar:
    Ne types, Ni types, Se types and Si types (sexualities)
    or
    Te types, Ti types, Fi types and Fe types.

Te, Fe, Ne, Se together - hmm....

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am almost certain that I am an ENTp, but every time I take tests that work for everybody else, the test does not work for me. I always test as ENTj, on rmcnew's test, on almost every one of Hugo's tests including this one, and usually on the socionics type assistant.

Is it possible that person can have behaviors that is not characteristic of one’s type, and if so, still be honest with oneself?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean
    I am almost certain that I am an ENTp, but every time I take tests that work for everybody else, the test does not work for me. I always test as ENTj, on rmcnew's test, on almost every one of Hugo's tests including this one, and usually on the socionics type assistant.

Is it possible that person can have behaviors that is not characteristic of one’s type, and if so, still be honest with oneself?
    What are the link to your results? We can go over them and see ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Test edited.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You forgot to edit the second part of the test. It still says "budgeting".

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. I've sorted it out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that you edited the test, I find the second pair of words much more appealing actually budgeting just sounds about as nice as being eaten by a bunch of pirahnas. Before I chose generating an idea without thinking about the rest. I will still do the same thing but it is closer. This might make it more appealing for the INTp:s and such to identify with it.

INTj BTW.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited again.