Thread: INFj or INFp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFj or INFp

Alright, I'm starting to seriously wonder what type is me. I've taken tests and come up about even... I've been told that I LOOK like an INFp (though I have no idea how you can really tell what someone is by how they look) and I've been told that I am an INFp on globalchatter... but the INFj description fits so well and this is what I was typed as. Uh... I don't really know what to tell you about myself to help with an educated analysis... My friend is much better at this than I am. Any ideas and... why?
    I'm only a perfectionist when I am not lazy.
    The Humanitarian
    EII

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you are an MBTI INFP but Socionics INFj? I used to ponder between INFp and INFj for myself too.

Perhaps you can consider checking out which quadra do you prefer and how your intertype relations are like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well this is where it gets tricky. If I base my type off of intertype relations then I could also be an INFp and an INFj... It's all so confusing! @_@
    The Humanitarian
    EII

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a huge difference in who your dual is: have you been around ESTjs and ESTps?

What do you want from you dual?
    What is the most important thing a partner in a relationship can provide you, and why? And what do you think you can provide your partner?

Other dichotomies at play:
    Se vs Si
    Fe vs Fi
    Beta/Gamma

All of that will make sense as you understand socionics more.

Do you think you are rational, and leading? Or irrational, and leading? You do look INFp somewhat based on the photos you provided.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INFj or INFp

Quote Originally Posted by ElliseLinette
    Alright, I'm starting to seriously wonder what type is me. I've taken tests and come up about even... I've been told that I LOOK like an INFp (though I have no idea how you can really tell what someone is by how they look) and I've been told that I am an INFp on globalchatter... but the INFj description fits so well and this is what I was typed as. Uh... I don't really know what to tell you about myself to help with an educated analysis... My friend is much better at this than I am. Any ideas and... why?
    Where are the pictures? If we have identical expressions or postures, I might even be able to place them side by side. If you're Ni subtype, you could be so blinded to reality that you'll waste months mindf*cking yourself into believing you're type A one month and type B the next. Then you could be even more confused as you start noticing that you look like ISTjs. Let's not let that happen.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@UDP III- To be honest... neither of those duals appeal to me. I've never actually met one (I don't think) but the descriptions really turn me off. They sound like they have anger issues or something. I would want someone that is outwardly smart though, I know that much.

@raisonpure- They're on that recent pictures thread thingy...

Here's one though. I'm pretty sure that I am an F, and I'm fairly certain that I am an I... the other two are kinda up in the air. I'm basically just going off of what my friend told me.
    The Humanitarian
    EII

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't give me the identical vibe. I'm INFp, FWIW. I personally think you are rational.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    What is the most important thing a partner in a relationship can provide you, and why? And what do you think you can provide your partner?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest... neither of those duals appeal to me. I've never actually met one (I don't think) but the descriptions really turn me off. They sound like they have anger issues or something.
    That was what I initially thought when I first read about Socionics and I also didn't understand why an ESTj or ESTp who are so reality-oriented would like a daydreamer like me. However, after reading the dual descriptions, I began to appreciate how a dual can complement and help me to overcome my weaknesses. I don't agree that they don't seem outwardly smart, even though the ones I have known IRL can be narrow-minded and are unable to see the big picture.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFj Ne Subtype or ISFp..... Definitely don't give off Beta vibes and I got the strange urge that I want to date you already and that only really happens with me with those two types..... I'm an ENTp by the way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@UDP III- To be honest... neither of those duals appeal to me. I've never actually met one (I don't think) but the descriptions really turn me off. They sound like they have anger issues or something. I would want someone that is outwardly smart though, I know that much.

@raisonpure- They're on that recent pictures thread thingy...

Here's one though. I'm pretty sure that I am an F, and I'm fairly certain that I am an I... the other two are kinda up in the air. I'm basically just going off of what my friend told me.
    I can find no matching expressions of my own; I don't smile like you do. Though you don't look INFj, either... Never consider ENTj or ENFj.

Q1. Does stability suffocate you? Do you feel spiritually dead when you've been in a stable environment for too long? Do you desperately crave change and progress?
    Q2. Record a typical day -- what activities you engage in, how much time you spend on each activity before getting distracted.
    Q3. What would an ideal day be like? What factors prevent you from carrying things out as planned?
    Q4. How often do you eat while you work or while you read?
    Q5. Have you ever forcefully tried to get your way by inciting emotional reactions in others?
    Q6. How often can you feel yourself calculating the emotional impact or impression that your words and actions will have on others, and adjusting yourself to either reduce or increase the emotions that others will feel?
    Q7. What does the word "harmony" signify to you? Do you refrain from expressing negative -- though true -- sentiments in the fear that they would hurt them, thus disrupting the harmony and making way for conflict? Are you good at detecting disharmony in your surroundings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suomea
    INFj Ne Subtype or ISFp..... Definitely don't give off Beta vibes and I got the strange urge that I want to date you already and that only really happens with me with those two types..... I'm an ENTp by the way.
    Wow... nobody has ever said that to me before -^_^-. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Q1. Does stability suffocate you? Do you feel spiritually dead when you've been in a stable environment for too long? Do you desperately crave change and progress?
    Q2. Record a typical day -- what activities you engage in, how much time you spend on each activity before getting distracted.
    Q3. What would an ideal day be like? What factors prevent you from carrying things out as planned?
    Q4. How often do you eat while you work or while you read?
    Q5. Have you ever forcefully tried to get your way by inciting emotional reactions in others?
    Q6. How often can you feel yourself calculating the emotional impact or impression that your words and actions will have on others, and adjusting yourself to either reduce or increase the emotions that others will feel?
    Q7. What does the word "harmony" signify to you? Do you refrain from expressing negative -- though true -- sentiments in the fear that they would hurt them, thus disrupting the harmony and making way for conflict? Are you good at detecting disharmony in your surroundings?
    1. I enjoy stability actually, it's when I feel out of control when I start to feel drained. I don't work well when things change suddenly from the ordinary.
    2. Well my day is pretty boring, and since I don't drive it's even worse. I go to work at 7 am and get home around 5, then I watch tv and go to bed. I do get distracted really easy, depending on what's going on. If I'm writing something and something on the tv catches my eye I'll stop and focus on that instead, and vise versa.
    3. An ideal day for me would be... probably going out and having a really good time with my friend, but because I can't drive and my friend has a really bizarre schedual it doesn't happen very often. Probably about once a week.
    4. Uh... I try not to eat much at all... usually three meals a day but I can't just eat and do nothing, I have to be doing something at the same time.
    5. Hmmmm... well... jokingly like pouting, sure I guess but I don't generally start crying or anything to get what I want... though I have to admit I do sulk when things don't go my way. None of my friends are really comfortable with emotions so I try to avoid using them.
    6. This I do all the time. I can never do something or say anything until I can properly guage how they will react- I don't want to hurt their feelings. Usually I give great thought into what I say, but sometimes in the heat of the moment I will say something hurtful and automatically feel badly for it. I'm always the first to apologize for ANYTHING and Everything.
    7. I would say I'm pretty good at detecting when something is wrong with other people... and usually people can tell when something is bothering me. However, accoring to my INTj friend he can never tell if I'm angry or upset or just tired because I react to everything the same way. I don't like others (save for a few) to know that I am in distress because then they would ask me about it and other such things.

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III

Truthfully, I really don't know. I'm a little biased because I have really great feelings for my friend... and unfortunately I put him on a pedestal so... nobody can really compare. I don't really know what I like, but I do know what I don't like... I don't like someone who wants to change me and see's all my flaws, I don't want someone who is only into sports and getting drunk (typical teenage boy) but I don't want someone I can walk all over either. It's hard to explain.
    The Humanitarian
    EII

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't rule out ENFp. You have a pretty sunny disposition in those photos. It gives me the warm and fuzzies.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. I enjoy stability actually, it's when I feel out of control when I start to feel drained. I don't work well when things change suddenly from the ordinary.
    2. Well my day is pretty boring, and since I don't drive it's even worse. I go to work at 7 am and get home around 5, then I watch tv and go to bed. I do get distracted really easy, depending on what's going on. If I'm writing something and something on the tv catches my eye I'll stop and focus on that instead, and vise versa.
    3. An ideal day for me would be... probably going out and having a really good time with my friend, but because I can't drive and my friend has a really bizarre schedual it doesn't happen very often. Probably about once a week.
    4. Uh... I try not to eat much at all... usually three meals a day but I can't just eat and do nothing, I have to be doing something at the same time.
    5. Hmmmm... well... jokingly like pouting, sure I guess but I don't generally start crying or anything to get what I want... though I have to admit I do sulk when things don't go my way. None of my friends are really comfortable with emotions so I try to avoid using them.
    6. This I do all the time. I can never do something or say anything until I can properly guage how they will react- I don't want to hurt their feelings. Usually I give great thought into what I say, but sometimes in the heat of the moment I will say something hurtful and automatically feel badly for it. I'm always the first to apologize for ANYTHING and Everything.
    7. I would say I'm pretty good at detecting when something is wrong with other people... and usually people can tell when something is bothering me. However, accoring to my INTj friend he can never tell if I'm angry or upset or just tired because I react to everything the same way. I don't like others (save for a few) to know that I am in distress because then they would ask me about it and other such things.
    ISFp > INFj > INFp. No indications of Ni/Se so far, you seem to value Si. #6 = Fe simplified, an annoying habit that I've been trying to get rid of by deliberately desensitizing myself from others' feelings, despite all hesitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jung's psychological types
    I may feel constrained, for instance, to use the predicate 'beautiful' or 'good', not because I find the object 'beautiful' or 'good' from my own subjective feeling, but because it is fitting and politic so to do; and fitting it certainly is, inasmuch as a contrary opinion would disturb the general feeling situation. A feeling-judgment such as this is in no way a simulation or a lie -- it is merely an act of accommodation. A picture, for instance, may be termed beautiful, because a picture that is hung in a drawing-room and bearing a well-known signature is generally assumed to be beautiful, or because the predicate 'ugly' might offend the family of the fortunate possessor, or because there is a benevolent intention on the part of the visitor to create a pleasant feeling-atmosphere, to which end everything must be felt as agreeable. Such feelings are governed by the standard of the objective determinants. As such they are genuine, and represent the total visible feeling-function.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    I wouldn't rule out ENFp. You have a pretty sunny disposition in those photos. It gives me the warm and fuzzies.
    Well, I'll compliment myself I do know how to smile ^_^. However, I've been told that I always look either angry or upset when I'm just standing around or walking... not too sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    ISFp > INFj > INFp. No indications of Ni/Se so far, you seem to value Si. #6 = Fe simplified, an annoying habit that I've been trying to get rid of by deliberately desensitizing myself from others' feelings, despite all hesitations.
    Oh, my friends HATE it when I apologize. I've actually been banned from apologizing to a good majority of them. It's usually the first thing to come out of my mouth. "Man my test today really sucked" "I'm sorry" "What!?" That's not the best example but still... it's very easy for me to manipulate things into being entirely my fault, that kinda sucks.
    The Humanitarian
    EII