Thread: Need help typing a friend

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Need help typing a friend...

He's a graphic designer at a publishing house. When he was in college he first thought he wanted to be a vet--likes animals, then thought he might be an architect or engineer because he enjoyed math but he missed art so he ended up as an art major, going against his dad's wishes that he follow in his footsteps as an engineer. He went into publishing instead of advertising because advertising is too competitive and he didn't like the idea of constantly having to prove himself and sell his ideas.

Quiet, seems perfectly comfortable not saying anything, even at a party. He takes it all in, hears everything that's said in a group and seems to remember details. Once you get him started talking about a topic he likes, he'll go on and on, loves talking to someone who's interested in him, his family, his work or hobbies.

Sturdy build, roundish face, gentle smile, for the most part looks directly at you when talking. Sometimes has a hard time searching for the right word, not when expressing a concept but when thinking of the name of something. Like he might have word retrieval issues.

Enjoys music, singing, wishes he could play the piano. Reads the paper. Watches too much tv. Likes to walk regularly, loves nature, used to backpack and camp, sometimes rides his bike almost 10 miles to work.

Heavily into gardening as a hobby (flowers, not vegetables. Talks a lot about color and when things are blooming and how it looks, etc). He also taught himself to crochet and has created some amazing blankets all on his own--he didn't even buy a book, just read one while he was at the store and remembered how to do it. He's told me that he has to learn by doing. Notices everything--like if there's something out of place, he notices and has to put it back where it belongs. When his kids decorate the Christmas tree, he waits until they go to bed and then places the ornaments in a more visually pleasing arrangement. Also makes his own wrapping paper and went into a detailed (very proud) description of his wrapping jobs.

He can be stubborn, by his own admission. Prefers that his wife plan vacations and most other family outings. But he likes family activities and is very into doing things together as a family--insists on all of them eating dinner together, insists on his daughter attending his son's soccer games, etc.

Doesn't understand my issues with not having lived up to my potential yet or figured out my ultimate position in life. His answer to that question is the pragmatic "well you can still go back to school and get a job" (?!) Enjoys the here and now (which is one thing I really appreciate about him). Seems pretty content with his life.

Rarely gives compliments but accepts them freely with a pleased smile and even sometimes seems embarrassed and will laugh and look away if the compliment addresses something more substantial such as his character rather than the way that he looks.

Enjoys talking about what he's going to do next or what recently happened this past week. Sometimes tells funny stories of when he was younger or stories that are significant to him such as how he met his wife or how he decided on his career. Doesn't seem to think much about the far future. Will say things like "someday my wife and I want to travel" but it seems more like wishful dreaming and not a very concrete plan. Says he has champagne taste on a beer budget.

He's most often in a good mood but can seem negatively distracted occasionally and it's very difficult to figure out why since he almost never offers up a reason without me asking first. He has sometimes tried to hide his feelings but I can see them easily. He can tell that I notice but he also notices my moods so it goes both ways. From the very beginning, I could sense when he would be looking at me--scanning my face with his eyes to get a read on me. Doesn't mind talking about personalities and how people interact but doesn't want to talk about feelings--his own or anyone else's. Yet he expresses his feelings clearly through his actions. Seems to need a fair bit of reassurance and greatly appreciates others taking the initiative in the relationship. Loyal and trustworthy. Seems to want to make people he likes happy. He's very patient. Doesn't seem to mind that I'm crazy and irrational. He once told me his wife thinks he's irrational also.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely ISFp.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No question, ISFp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking ISTj.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/