TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jung's Tertiary Function

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ary-Temptation

Just spin around the Js and Ps... it'll make sense. This actually seems to accord with what Augusta says: if you don't function according to your type, you won't get anywhere.

On the other hand, I wonder if this is truly relevant to Model-A at all. It seems to me Jung may have been discussing a process supraordinate to Model-A when he discussed the types. For example, let's say one cycle of Model-A considers 's point of view, then another one with ....

Move this to non-socionics type theories if you want, although it seems relevant enough.

Phaedrus, I imagine you'll have a field day with this one.
    Last edited by silke; 02-19-2014 at 06:52 AM. Reason: fixed link

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This site has more:
    http://www.famoustype.com/functions.htm

Jung described the ego block accurately and parts of the super-id.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd cautious with equating MBTI materials with Jung's views directly. (for obvious reasons)

Something that might interest you is that Lenore thompson, like yourself, speaks about the Te function becoming a strong factor in the psychological development of INTj's approaching adulthood. Unfortunately, in her views it is the secundary function that 'awakens'. Due to the J/P shift of the MBTI functions this makes no difference in the case of the INTj, nor in that of any of the other introverts. In the extroverts case, however, the correspondence does not hold.

For example, an ENFp is said to mature by reviving their Fi function, as opposed to Ni.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see. Well, perhaps I can manage better with Jung.

It would be helpful to understand what Kempinsky's IM theory was too, as he originally presented it. As I understand it (from a slideshow on the subject I found on the 'net), he drew many spiritual and philosophical implications from his theory.