Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am a :( :) :( :)???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I am a :( :) :( :)???

Okay. I don't really know where to start with this, or what precisely one needs to say. So, I'll just type whatever comes to mind. I'll start with...why I am here, because everyone knows why but the motivation behind the 'why' is really never the same. Relevant? I would think so. I am one of those kinds of people who once something catches their interest they cannot let it go until they've come to a conclusion that feels right. Afterwards there'll always be stages wher I revaluate my prior beliefs, but I never stop until I reach some sort of conclusion...temporary or not. So yes. That's why I'm here.

That's also something I really enjoy, having that feeling of purpose even though it is only caused by the fact that I'm preoccupied with something. But the second that I feel like my 'obsession' is being taken out of my control or is limiting me I do try and escape it, and I usually succeed. Most of my pain in life has stemmed from when I lost control of my focus and focii and they have become something that I did not want them to be. It always has taken forever for me to even see what is really going on in reality when I'm really excited, until that moment I tend to not be oblivious per se but certainly not tuned in. But on the other hand, when I don't really have many strong feelings about the situation I couldn't possibly be mistaken as oblivious. It really does depend.

The only thing I dislike more than not having a purpose that I personally value is being isolated, physically or emotionally. I've heard that I've always been shy (parents), but on the other hand I've never had the slightest bit of trouble making friends with someone who I looked at and decided I wanted to be my friends (did this a lot). One person who became one of my dearest friends to this day I randomly decided I wanted to be my friend because my best friend had just moved away and this girl showed up just as friendless in homeroom as I was. Later she told me that I was really confident and talkative and annoyed her so much, because I was always there...persistent and waiting... (duh duh duuuuh) Not everyone saw that side of me, either, just the ones I wanted to.

The biggest catastrophe in my life so far was the fake purpose I was given being yanked away, and my perception of the world being destroyed by my own reaction. I isolated myself, even though it was the last thing I ever wanted. Became immobile and stagnant, even though that was also the last thing I ever wanted. It was during my teenage years, so I imagine that had something to do with it. Managed to get out feeling mostly the same, except a lot less able to remain unaffected by the reactions (good and bad) of people around me. Overeactive friends make me feel jealous and clam up, unless I'm in a good mood myself. I tend to clam up under stress, rehash later, then after a few of these cycles I implode. Rarely explode. I'm not very good at getting angry with people. Objects yes.

Wow. Yeah, I talk a lot too. Hopefully something in this turns out to be helpful. I don't know what to think about my type, and I don't think I can even pretend to be slightly objective about this. Not that I realyl think objectivity is the answer, but looking at that side of the issue would certainly be helpful.

Thank you!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At first glance you could be INTP, do you have any pics?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    At first glance you could be INTP, do you have any pics?
    This is the only one I could find: http://pics.livejournal.com/hungry_mortal/pic/000011ec/

And the large pink, polka-dotted thing I'm holding is my catapult (for school). Isn't it beautiful?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about ISFJ, does that ring a bell? (this is from the pic)
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dio, you should be ashamed. this one is really very clear.

IEE. the whole thing about always pursuing your interests no matter what is definitely Ne, especially the part about not otherwise having a purpose. the preaching of tolerance, kindness and friendship may not be explicitly expressed, but it's clearly a central part of your motivations when talking about personal friendships, which is a telltale sign of delta NF.

despite your tirade on objectivity, i think you gave an extremely objective and frank picture of your personal relationships and friendships. this is something i have seen an awful lot from Fi types, and your particular way of handling it is something very typical of creative Fi types.

you even give a particularly good case for Si dual seeking here:
    Most of my pain in life has stemmed from when I lost control of my focus and focii and they have become something that I did not want them to be. It always has taken forever for me to even see what is really going on in reality when I'm really excited, until that moment I tend to not be oblivious per se but certainly not tuned in.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's very difficult to explain VI, but i also think your picture is very informative. your expression is very Ne-esque detachment from the physical world with an element of compassion. i would say yours is an excellent example of IEE expression.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with IEE. I read lots of Ne in what she wrote and lots of Fi (probably creative) too (her purpose in life being yanked away was the worst thing that's ever happened to her), and her vibe is IEE too. Also Ti PoLR because she's afraid of coming off as oblivious.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about ENTP?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her whole description is a big ode to Fi. I don't think she's ENTp at all.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFP is also possible. In fact I will say that at this point I my best guess is ISFP.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTp to ISFj to ENTp to ISFp?

Ok . . . .
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do I need permission to consider different types?
    What's important is the end result.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah but it's hard to figure out what your thought process is when you move from one type to a really different type.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thought process is to find associations between the individual under consideration with one of the 16 types. At one point the balance of similarities might suggest one type, at another point it might suggest another. Overall though the person is one type or the other, so I have to find that particular type. I make tons of mistakes but overall the last type standing is what I go with.

My thought process is intiitive I believe, so I don't think I can truly describe it in any meaningful way.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

correction: your thought process is to roundly ignore the information which has been presented to you. congratulations.

apologies to hungry mortal for hijacking this thread. please feel free to continue if you still are unsure of your type, but i think you're one of the clearer specimens here.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFps are not shy Niffy.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG yes we are! Have you spent any time reading threads in Delta? We often keep quiet and are shy around people until we become comfortable with them. Hmm well more in groups. If we aren't comfortable in a group, we can be very shy. That was one of the things that made me think ENFp - she is obviously extraverted because she needs to be around other people, but she still can be shy.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFPs can be shy at times of course, howeverthat is not an ENFP defining characteristic in my opinion. If ENFP are uncomfortable in a situation they simply leave.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFps are not shy Niffy.
    ENFps are shy. Watch me blush >>>

Hmm, I can see ENFp in that description, she seems to like being around people, doesn't like being isolated.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everybody likes to be around people, who wants to be alone all the time?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I have another photo, it may not affect all of your reasonings or it may make things more confusing...I don't really know how important VI is to the typing process. Anyway, I realized after putting that first photo up that it is slightly atypical, mostly because I was suffering from the after effects of AP English testing. So my facial expression may have been altered by the suffering I had endured. :wink: I managed to find another photo on a friend's website.

Here it is:

Hopefully this'll clarify things somewhat.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFP IMO.

Welcome!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are two ENFps in this thread who say that we identify with her comment about shyness - we feel the same way.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFPs can be shy at times of course, howeverthat is not an ENFP defining characteristic in my opinion. If ENFP are uncomfortable in a situation they simply leave.
    simply leave? Not always the case. Sometimes, they just sit there and watch other people, all the while keeping quiet.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK read the ENFp and ISFp descriptions and tell us what you think, HM

ENFp

ISFp

Though descriptions aren't perfect - but hopefully this will shed some light on it.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If an ENFP is uncomfortable in a social sitution she/he cannot keep quiet for too long IMO.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrong again, Dio. I've kept quiet for ages when I've been uncomfortable.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hungry_mortal
    mostly because I was suffering from the after effects of AP English testing.

agh. that test was terrible. i'm just hoping i managed at least a 3 or 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I identified with the ENFp profile the most for sure. There were certain parts that applied more than others but everything definately fit, as opposed to the ISFp...some of that I could agree with, but not that much. I think I'm an ENFP.

Thank you all very much for your assistance and commentary. It has been enlightening!!

Oh I know! I think I did all right on all of the essays except the last one. I couldn't concentrate at all by then. And the multiple choice....one never knows with multiple choice. :wink:

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nevermind
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I identified with the ENFp profile the most for sure. There were certain parts that applied more than others but everything definately fit, as opposed to the ISFp...some of that I could agree with, but not that much. I think I'm an ENFP.

Thank you all very much for your assistance and commentary. It has been enlightening!!
    Oh I know! I think I did all right on all of the essays except the last one. I couldn't concentrate at all by then. And the multiple choice....one never knows with multiple choice. :wink:
    It will be even more so when you find your type

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ugh; the latter two essays were absolutely dreadful. the advertising DBQ one i think i did at least competently on, as well as the multiple choice.

it's just impossible to write three good essays in two hours.

and then i had to do the same exact thing for two other APs within eight days, all of them with three essays apiece.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    and then i had to do the same exact thing for two other APs within eight days, all of them with three essays apiece.
    Ah!!! I'm so sorry! I had Governement and Chemistry as well as English. The first I didn't really care about and the second I cared about even less because I'm going to be pre-med and recently discovered that pre-meds can't test out of General Chem. It was a sad, sad day for all.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    IB > AP.

lies

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IB > AP.

lies
    When was the last time you got a 7 on an AP test?

Yeah, that's what I thought. IB ftw.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IB > AP.

lies

i am overjoyed to see your use of such a highly objective criterion in evaluating the tests' relative merit.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IB > AP.

lies

i am overjoyed to see your use of such a highly objective criterion in evaluating the tests' relative merit.
    IB is accepted around the world, tests depth of understanding rather than memorization, actively checks the fairness and overall quality of its tests, etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you looked at INFp just for completeness?
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you even give a particularly good case for Si dual seeking here:
    Most of my pain in life has stemmed from when I lost control of my focus and focii and they have become something that I did not want them to be. It always has taken forever for me to even see what is really going on in reality when I'm really excited, until that moment I tend to not be oblivious per se but certainly not tuned in.
    That sounds like Ni (plus weak sensing) to me, maybe with a bit of Superid Ti.

Confident ethics is obvious.

Okay. I don't really know where to start with this, or what precisely one needs to say. So, I'll just type whatever comes to mind. I'll start with...why I am here, because everyone knows why but the motivation behind the 'why' is really never the same. Relevant? I would think so. I am one of those kinds of people who once something catches their interest they cannot let it go until they've come to a conclusion that feels right. Afterwards there'll always be stages wher I revaluate my prior beliefs, but I never stop until I reach some sort of conclusion...temporary or not. So yes. That's why I'm here.
    Again, extremely intuitive. Not ENFp; what ENFp likes coming to conclusions?

ENFj, tentatively. I'm not getting a totally clear impression though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast