Thread: Type this person?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type this person?

I've wondered for a long time what type this person is... any thoughts?

"What I fear most, I think, is the death of the imagination. When the sky outside is meerly pink, and the rooftops meerly black: that photographic mind which paradoxically tells the truth, but the worthless truth, about the world. It is that synthesizing spirit, that "shaping" force, which prolifically sprouts and makes up its own worlds with more inventiveness than God which I desire. If I sit still and don't so anything, the world goes on beating like a slack drum, without meaning. We must be moving, working, making dreams to run toward; the poverty of life without dreams is too horrible to imagine: it is that kind of madness which is worst: the kind with fancies and hallucinations would be a Bosch-ish relief... Why, why can I not be an ascetic for awhile, instead of always teetering on the edge of wanting complete solitude for work and reading, and, so much, so much, the gestures of hands and words of other human beings."

"Winning or losing an argument, receiving an acceptance or rejection, is no proof of the validity or value of personal identity. One may be wrong, mistaken, a poor craftsman, or just ignorant- but this is no indication of the true worth of one's total human identity: past, present and future!"

"The fear that my sensibility is dull, inferior, is probably justified; but I am not stupid, if I am ignorant in many ways. I will tighten up my program here, knowing as I do that it is important for me to do a small number of things well, rather than a wide number sketchily. That much of the perfectionist is still withe me. In this daily game of choice and sacrifice, one needs a sure eye for the superfluous. It changes every day, too. Some days the moon is superfluous, some days, most emphatically not."
    I'm only a perfectionist when I am not lazy.
    The Humanitarian
    EII

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some NF type. The first paragraph sounds kind of INFp-ish to me, but then the second paragraph sounds Ne-ish to me, and then the third paragraph sounds less Ne-ish to me. Not enough information to tell for sure I don't think.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Type this person?

Totally sounds like something that would sprout from the mind of an ISTj.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This part is obviously Ti-valuing:

In this daily game of choice and sacrifice, one needs a sure eye for the superfluous.
    I would say either ENFj or INTj, and probably ENFj based on the indications of Ni and EJ temperament ("If I sit still and don't so anything,...").

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, my first guess is ENFj.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!