Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What types do Betas get on the Enneagram?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the difference between "No" and "N/A"
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

d
    Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    What's the difference between "No" and "N/A"
    I think the point is to demonstrate how some enneatypes are, or are not, transferable between mirrors. For example, 8s can be either LSI or SLE, but 1s can be LSI and not usually SLE; conversely, 7s are often SLEs but probably never LSIs. (NFs are N/A because neither 8 nor 1 is really a plausible type for either Beta NF; however personally I think EIE 7 is plausible).

I think it's useful as an exercise in illustrating some of the potential observable differences between mirrors; if you type someone as Beta ST, and they seem 7-ish, then it's a good bet they are SLE>LSI.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Yes, they are! They () are very shy, distrustful and analytical
    I really don't see how Se would make a Five any more shy, distrustful or analytical than they already are.

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    mysticsonic.
    I'm not sure if he is a Nine or a Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    Auvi
    Who is Auvi?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    d

I think the point is to demonstrate how some enneatypes are, or are not, transferable between mirrors. For example, 8s can be either LSI or SLE, but 1s can be LSI and not usually SLE; conversely, 7s are often SLEs but probably never LSIs. (NFs are N/A because neither 8 nor 1 is really a plausible type for either Beta NF; however personally I think EIE 7 is plausible).

I think it's useful as an exercise in illustrating some of the potential observable differences between mirrors; if you type someone as Beta ST, and they seem 7-ish, then it's a good bet they are SLE>LSI.
    This.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would I be if I'm not a 9?

I'm not Six, in case you're wondering.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic View Post
    What would I be if I'm not a 9?

I'm not Six, in case you're wondering.
    9w1 works for you, IMO. You seem probably sp/sx subtype. 1w9 could work, I guess, but 9 seems reasonable.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno I think you probably need to meet me in person.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably the only other thing that i'd be possibly inclined to see mystic as is 8w9

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are way too obsessed with the idea that he is an Se type. Do you actually know MS, or are you basing your typing on your impression of him having actually faced hardship from your perspective as a sheltered teenager?

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are way too obsessed with the idea that he is an Se type. Do you actually know MS, or are you basing your typing on your impression of him having actually faced hardship from your perspective as a sheltered teenager?
    mystic being 8w9 has little to do with him being or not being an Se type. as it is, i think 9w8 works very well. furthermore, my idea of him as an Se type or not is well informed about differences in upbringing, and basically does not draw on this information; nor do i find it reasonable to suggest that the conditions of his upbringing fundamentally change the core of who he is as a person.

i don't know to what extent it's reasonable to say that i know or don't know mystic. i've met him in person a few times and talked to him a fair amount about some highly personal subjects. he's hardly a stranger.

in conclusion, you should shut up and leave my opinions to myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*squawk*

mysticsonic.
    BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, MS, I know you're LII, but what Enneagram type do you think you are? Or are you undecided?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Ezra, I can confirm for EIE that there are definite 3,4,6 and 8. I have met several of them and not just one to mistakenly identify them with on the wrong enneagram. I'm hesitate to put EIE as 1,2 and 7 becuase these three enneagram type can be confused by instinct stacking or wings which makes the EIE look like that three types. Like I believe alot of people will think that a EIE 3 so/sx is a 7 but they are really not, also not saying that those EIE can't happen to have that enneagram. As weird as this sound also, I have never see an EIE who is an actually Two. I know some of the are very warm and friendly like a two, but almost all of them I know are like that based on the society approitate behavior or are benevolent in a threeish way and not the twoish way. Another way that I don't see EIE as two as of yet is the intergation. friendly EIE goes into stress to 8 vs three goes into 9. maybe that can only happen if they are a 3 wing 2.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm fairly certain I'm 9w8. I don't think there's really any chance I'm 8w9 but it's a flattering suggestion.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm fairly certain I'm 9w8. I don't think there's really any chance I'm 8w9 but it's a flattering suggestion.
    So are you an LSI or LII in you self-typing?

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nor do i find it reasonable to suggest that the conditions of his upbringing fundamentally change the core of who he is as a person.
    Are you serious?

in conclusion, you should shut up and leave my opinions to myself.
    heh, fair enough.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    So are you an LSI or LII in you self-typing?
    He self-types as LII.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    Hey Ezra, I can confirm for EIE that there are definite 3,4,6 and 8.
    The former three you needn't confirm. For Eight... my best friend may actually be an Eight, and he is an EIE.

To be honest, based on my experiences of you, there is nothing in my eyes that seriously contradicts LII 9w8. niffweed thinks otherwise, but I am not niffweed, I do not have his experiences of you, or his mind. So I'll go with your self-typing.

Moreover, I'd have an active problem with an LSI Nine. In fact, I'd have an active problem with any Se ego Nine. The types are simply too contradictory.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know any EIE 8s

Under cerulean skies...

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I am either a 9w1 or a 4w5. I don't understand Enneagram all that well, though.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know any EIE 8s
    Neither do I (necessarily), but I'm not going to disallow it on that basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Yeah, I am either a 9w1 or a 4w5. I don't understand Enneagram all that well, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by R&H

Misidentifying Fours and Nines

Some average Nines think that they are Fours because they have artistic talents and creative inclinations of one kind or another. As in the case of love not being the sole domain of Twos, artistic capacity is not the sole province of Fours. Other types can be, and often are, artists.

Even so, the artistry of Fours is much more personal and self-revealing than that of Nines. The art of Nines often expresses idealized, mythological, and archetypal worlds–usually the real world glossed into something fantastic and wondrous. Nines are often gifted storytellers in which "...and they all lived happily ever after" is assured. (There are no unhappy endings in the Nine's world of make-believe.) By contrast, the art of Fours is generally more personal and realistic, the expression of the Four's (and of everyone's) deep longing for love, wholeness, and meaning. Fours often deal in the tragic, finding redemption in self-transcendence; Nines deal in the commonplace, finding comfort in ordinary lives and simple situations.

The principal reason these types may be confused is that they are both withdrawn types. (PT, 433-36). Fours withdraw from others so that they can protect themselves and give themselves time to deal with their emotions. Nines, on the other hand, are withdrawn in the sense that they remove their attention from people or situations that threaten them, disengaging themselves emotionally so that they will not be anxious or upset. They cut off their identification with others (or never identify with them in the first place), identifying instead with a private idealized version of reality. Average to unhealthy Nines tune out any unpleasantness by dissociating from whatever upsets them, whereas Fours do just the opposite, brooding over their anxieties in an attempt to come to terms with them. Fours are certainly not detached from their emotions–just the reverse, they are keenly aware of them, perhaps too much so.

Both types can therefore be shy, absent-minded, confused, and detached from the real world. The difference is that Nines are detached both from the external world and from their emotions, whereas Fours withdraw from whatever has caused them pain. (In the end, that may add up to quite a lot.) Nines see the world through rose-colored glasses, and their view of it is comforting, whereas Fours see the world from a garret window as outsiders and are not comforted: everyone else seems to be living a happier, more normal life. Contrast the personalities of Mahler (a Four) and Aaron Copland (a Nine), Saul Steinberg (a Four) and Norman Rockwell (a Nine).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know any EIE 8s
    Yea, I didn't believe it at first when some mention it on here, But looking back at few people I know and observing them closely, They do exist, very rare breed but not odds that is like one of a million. IN fact I have seen maybe like 4 in my life. I still have not seen an SEE 8 and an ESI 8.

1)

2)

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Once I saw an elephant with wings.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Riso-Hudson misidentifying 4s and 9s is spot-on. I'm a four and I have a friend who's a 9 (he's SEI) and we fit those descriptions PERFECTLY. It's rather amazing actually. I kind of move towards problems, at least in my head, mulling them over, thinking them through, contextualizing, while withdrawing from them physically to give myself space. He, on the other hand, withdraws both physically and emotionally. Cannot stand to rock the boat in any way. He only takes on any relationship or confrontation that he knows is completely SAFE. Safe from making him feel uncomfortable in any way. It's incredible to me how self-contained he is, how he can gather his emotions in a box and protect himself by just refusing to participate or to address the issue at all. Fascinating. I have no desire or inclination to live that way.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, R&H tend to be quite accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    Once I saw an elephant with wings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12