TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to make up with an ISFj

An ISFj is mad at me. I don't know why.

We have to see each other every day at work.

How to smooth things over? Is it better to allow her to talk to me when she feels like it?

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just be straight forward and avoid dramatics.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How to make up with an ISFj

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    rofl. I bet they're not actually mad at you.

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For my ISFj friends, I would approach them privately and tell them exactly how I felt and if there was anything they would like to share with me. It works all the time.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a good friend who I think is ISFj. When I can sense that he's mad or irritated and I think it might be due to something I did or said, I usually make an educated guess and apologize as sincerely as I can without asking him what's wrong first. If I guess wrong, he helps me out by letting me know what the issue was. Then after he says it's okay and I feel like I'm forgiven, I change the subject to something I know he enjoys and we move on. I always have to be the one to bring it up though. He is very much against any sort of negative interaction or confrontation and if it weren't for me clearing the air, it would go unsaid. I am always the one to apologize, even for minor misunderstandings--he has never apologized to me. Although we generally have not had many disagreements or many opportunities to be mad at each other. (There's a chance he could be ISFp rather than ISFj, so take this with a grain of salt)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, one thing is that you typically have to be willing to go to them, not the other way around.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to smooth things over? Is it better to allow her to talk to me when she feels like it?
    You have to bring it up and express your willingness to make things better and do the right thing. Show that you care about changing whatever bothered the other person. Just make sure that as you're getting to the bottom of whatever caused the rift, that you always show respect for the other person's position. Depending on your type and the relation involved, you may not instinctively value whatever this person felt was so important, but try to see it from his/her point of view.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan

You have to bring it up and express your willingness to make things better and do the right thing. Show that you care about changing whatever bothered the other person. Just make sure that as you're getting to the bottom of whatever caused the rift, that you always show respect for the other person's position. Depending on your type and the relation involved, you may not instinctively value whatever this person felt was so important, but try to see it from his/her point of view.
    Very well-said. I agree completely. This would probably be good advice for dealing with many types now that I think about it.
    IEI-Fe 4w3