Thread: Si PoLR, fussiness, and hypochodria

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Si PoLR, fussiness, and hypochodria

It makes sense to me that the PoLR would be something that you have a difficult time controlling... it's always either too much or not enough. It's something that we are not naturally inclined to be reasonable about, one way or another.

People typically talk about a Si PoLR in terms of not taking care of one's physical health, not taking off work or visiting a doctor when they should, not giving consideration to asthetic qualities, etc. That would be the "not enough" end of it. What about the "too much" end of it? I could see someone who doesn't know how to properly moderate Si become overly concerned with possible health problems and discomfort.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if some people with eating disorders have Si PoLR.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They imbalanced brain chemistry, often too much seratonin. But Si PoLR? Hmmmmmmmm I've never considered that, but it sort of makes sense in some cases.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    I wonder if some people with eating disorders have Si PoLR.

Makes LOTS of sense.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simply, they do not think it is important. But then they see the consequences of not taking into consideration and compensate by .

Wait, is that common knowledge here?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean
    Simply, they do not think it is important. But then they see the consequences of not taking into consideration and compensate by .

Wait, is that common knowledge here?
    congratulations, you are able to describe polr-HA interaction! joy, tell him what he's won!

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well... in part... I was just checking :wink:
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For ENFj's it seems to be trying too hard to live up to some ideal, sometimes unrealistic.
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Isha
    How about over-eating because supposedly I'm supposed to eat 1200 calories per day? (As opposed to not eating at all because I forget)
    Yeah... not having a sense of what is or is not good for you at present is definitely a Si PoLR thing. They'll look to books about nutrition and medication and supplements in place of "simply" eating (what Si types would call) reasonably. (What's so simple about that, anyways???)

Also, for women it could be never ever deviating from set colours/styles
    yes... they'd want to stick with what's tried and true and feel uncomfortable taking "fashion risks" or wearing really trendy thing. It's business clothes (preferably) or athletic clothes (a comfortable second) or jeans and a T-shirt (if they're certain that they're supposed to be dressed casually).
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A PoLR is supposed to be a phobia, so someone with an PoLR would be unwilling to use it consciously. However you may be onto something: because a person does not wish to consciously use their PoLR, they might do stuff that makes it seem like they are using their PoLR function, when in reality aren't thinking of it, just trying to imitate a functions results. Basically faking the function. This is in addition to HA.

Is there any evidence to suggest people acting like this? Is there any evidence to suggest ENxj's acting as the way Joy described?

Quote Originally Posted by Isha
    Also, for women it could be never ever deviating from set colours/styles (that they probably picked with help from others). Also overdressing (too much) or underdressing (not enough) for occasions. That's probably more relevant to LIE though.
    This reminds me when people sometimes think I'm dressed up for some meeting or special occasion, and then I surprise them when I tell them that I am dressing just as I normally do. Then I will have some people saying that my hair looks like I have just got out of bed when I feel like it's just how it looks like daily. Or how my Delta Te+Si friends will tell me how I need to change my clothes or that I look uncomfortable in a certain outfit. My friend who I speculate is ESTj even once said I was dressed for the wrong century . Even though I am rather sure I don't have an PoLR, I can relate to some of the LIE's fashion problems.
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The PoLR is a conscious function. It's just not one that's valued. It's one that you resent being expected to comply with, seeing it as unimportant.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so