Thread: Does this video seem ENFP to you?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Does this video seem ENFP to you?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Z-DIAthbM[/youtube]
    I like this video and I was thinking this artist seems to make very ENFP type videos. This one is unusual, colorful and involves lots of people happily dancing around. Rather than slick it has a happy, clever, slightly dorky, even nostalgic feel to it that I really like. I can see how certain types would not be attracted or 'get' it.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Likely. Her music is not about drama (no victim/agressor) and this:

Sounds very spontaneous and weird.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFj6bL01Neo[/youtube]Compair that video with this one. What a difference. Granted, Im sure Feist doesnt have the budget that Shakira and Beyonce do, but Im talking about what functions seem to be emphasized. Not that these arent hot women, but Im fairly sure they are not ENFP or at least the producers of this video are not likely to be ENFP. Ive always believed Beyonce to be ISFJ and this song/video certainly demonstrates functions. Even the words of the song.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are some comments on Feist:
    "Soulless"? It's not an R Kelly video, nor does every video live up to the choreographic genius that is the PussyCat Dolls. Thank God.
    This is pure brilliance. I almost cry every time I watch it. Look how everyone is smiling their asses off! They are all soooo happy.
    This is some tacky, amateurish stuff. Worse than High School Musical.Cheers.
    this video is what all elementary school plays strive to achieve. simple & flawless. i'm a huge fan of it and feist.
    most enjoyable video i've seen in a long while, what happened to creative and moving music videos?
    Classic gay song LOL but the girl is hot hehehe
    this makes me really happy! smile. smile. smile.

Topaz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It strikes me as ESFp. Superficial, childlike, highly physical, intense splashes of color and sparkle... ESFp-ness to the max.

ENFp's are bit more understated. Their playfulness and/or use of color is more "adult", classy... understated.

ESFp's are bouncy & cute. ENFp's are lively & charming. Close, but different.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you're trying to label the artist feist is definitely not enfp. The video appealed to me i thought it was funky but that doesnt mean anything.

A great Canadian artist though!
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IcEPiCk
    if you're trying to label the artist feist is definitely not enfp.
    Have you seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH80r_Asldk

If not ENFp I'd like to hear your proposal.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems more ESE than IEE to me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Seems more ESE than IEE to me
    Nah, Im going to have to disagree with you. I and I dont see SEE either. Not hardly. :wink:

Topaz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched a couple of interviews on youtube... INFp. She weaves a negative spin into almost every response to interviewer questions. There's something bad/negative/annoying to her in everything and everyone. Like she's at the mercy of the world and it's killing her but she's struggling to find her 'art' in all of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is2q0t44hIg

She reminds me of Fiona Apple in a lot of ways. Her videos aren't as intense but her interviews are very similar.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm...I'm not sure what type that video is. I could see ESFP or INFP. I would bet ISFPs would like it too.

I've always like big groups of people dancing! And I liked that it seemed happy, but their costumes did bother me. not the colors, but the styles. It wasn't retro in a cool way, but yeah, more of a dorky way. (Which many people find cool, I'm just not one of them). I think it would be more ENFP if the dancing style and clothes were new and cutting edge...like "wow, I've never seen a anyone dance like that or wear that before, and I've heard that's the new style that just hit NY and will eventually get to this part of the country!" Or, if the clothes and dancing were more classic, perhaps a cool version of ballroom dancing w/ tuxes. A lot of people like Feist though, so there must be something to it!
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels
    hmm...I'm not sure what type that video is. I could see ESFP or INFP. I would bet ISFPs would like it too.

I've always like big groups of people dancing! And I liked that it seemed happy, but their costumes did bother me. not the colors, but the styles. It wasn't retro in a cool way, but yeah, more of a dorky way. (Which many people find cool, I'm just not one of them). I think it would be more ENFP if the dancing style and clothes were new and cutting edge...like "wow, I've never seen a anyone dance like that or wear that before, and I've heard that's the new style that just hit NY and will eventually get to this part of the country!" Or, if the clothes and dancing were more classic, perhaps a cool version of ballroom dancing w/ tuxes. A lot of people like Feist though, so there must be something to it!
    you might be over-thinking it. C'mon, I thought it was just a fun, unpretentious video. The producers of the video werent trying to reproduce the typical popular styles of so many videos the way types might. Besides not all IEE share the same clothing styles and taste. :wink:
    As far as her interviews go; I dont see a lot of Fe. She seems low key and talks about her experiences and understanding of things. I dont really know if she's IEE but Im going to argue that she is until someone can give me better reasons why not

Topaz

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She really does seem like a logical type, even ISTx. She seems really uncomfortable with speaking in public, and has kind of a sarcastic bite, as zenbrat pointed out.

The video does seem totally ENFp. My first thought was...who the hell are all these people, this doesn't make any sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, yeah I do tend to over-think. The second time I watched it, I liked it more.

It is a fun video. It makes me want to skip.

And as far as the clothes, this guy is also wearing similar clothes and dancing around like that. This is probably a trend i didn't notice...I wonder if the guy is ENFP? I also wonder if the maroon 5 guy is ENFP?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3geOievM6dI

The maroon 5 guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVIgOBVO5gA

(I don't know how to make the videos just appear like everyone else does! sorry!)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz

you might be over-thinking it. C'mon, I thought it was just a fun, unpretentious video. The producers of the video werent trying to reproduce the typical popular styles of so many videos the way types might. Besides not all IEE share the same clothing styles and taste. :wink:
    As far as her interviews go; I dont see a lot of Fe. She seems low key and talks about her experiences and understanding of things. I dont really know if she's IEE but Im going to argue that she is until someone can give me better reasons why not
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To inbed the videos in your response click onthe Youtube logo and then copy and paste the website of the video between the youtube brackets. I know there is a more technical way of saying that but whatevah

That guy in the first video is so Freddy Mercury (from Queen). Its not a bad song though. He actually very much reminds me of an ENFJ I know. He is also a singer, thin, dramatic, and can do a high falsetto (spelling) just like that guy in the video. Im not saying the guy in the video is ENFJ but theres a good chance.

I dont know anything about the guy in Maroon 5. Maybe someone else has a comment on him....?

lol, yeah I do tend to over-think. The second time I watched it, I liked it more.

It is a fun video. It makes me want to skip.

And as far as the clothes, this guy is also wearing similar clothes and dancing around like that. This is probably a trend i didn't notice...I wonder if the guy is ENFP? I also wonder if the maroon 5 guy is ENFP?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3geOievM6dI

The maroon 5 guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVIgOBVO5gA

(I don't know how to make the videos just appear like everyone else does! sorry!)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz

Topaz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats brilliant. thanks enjio.

Topaz

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would rather say that there is nothing one can call "ENFp personality".

I mean, think about it. ENFp is like an amorphous mass that can take almost any shape. Ne plus Fi can deduct the logical principles by which other people work quite easily. To imitate is just a matter of following such rules. So an ENFp can pretty much give away the impression of being anything, from a serious and stiff ISTj to a bubbly ESFp. It just depends on what the ENFp considers as necessary for the situation or place at hand.

That might explain why ENFp are identity seekers: they can express so many contradicting traits that they end up wondering what's the true one...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex

I mean, think about it. ENFp is like an amorphous mass that can take almost any shape. Ne plus Fi can deduct the logical principles by which other people work quite easily. To imitate is just a matter of following such rules. So an ENFp can pretty much give away the impression of being anything, from a serious and stiff ISTj to a bubbly ESFp. It just depends on what the ENFp considers as necessary for the situation or place at hand.

That might explain why ENFp are identity seekers: they can express so many contradicting traits that they end up wondering what's the true one...
    For some reason that sounds like ENFj to me. Generally called the "actor", "chameleon" and so on. ENFjs are claimed to take on different roles depending on situation often losing themselves in the process. Perhaps ENFps do this too but I would think their Fi ego prevents them from distancing themselves from their "core" too much. Fi ego types can always tell where the line between "themself" and "role" is. Fe ego types not that well. Overall I think your description fits ENFj better. I have not much real life experience from ENFjs and ENFPs though but based on what type descriptions and functional descriptions say.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemex

For some reason that sounds like ENFj to me. Generally called the "actor", "chameleon" and so on. ENFjs are claimed to take on different roles depending on situation often losing themselves in the process. Perhaps ENFps do this too but I would think their Fi ego prevents them from distancing themselves from their "core" too much. Fi ego types can always tell where the line between "themself" and "role" is. Fe ego types not that well. Overall I think your description fits ENFj better. I have not much real life experience from ENFjs and ENFPs though but based on what type descriptions and functional descriptions say.
    Thats an interesting observation. Its true that both types can identify with other roles. From my perspective I think that IEEs are more apt to change roles more frequently than the EIE due to the fact that they are irrational. I liked to learn from others and try to see things from their point of view not so much to become them but so as to see if it made sense to me and aligned with my own internal values and beliefs. I used to and still have diverse friends and interest. Im more stable in my interest these days but I think my true core self is much the same. I actually think this is true with everybody. They may or may not change much on the outside but on the inside they are pretty much who they always have been. The key is finding a place for that self in the real world so you dont have to play roles. So you can just be your true self.

Topaz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back to Fiest and the video. She doesnt strike me as someone playing a role. I think it would be difficult to be the type of artist she is and be completely immersed in a role. I think she writes her own songs and is not heavily produced to appeal to the masses.

Topaz