Thread: Functions (cells) of IM and Information Acquisition

5 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

Default Functions (cells) of IM and Information Acquisition

NB : on classical socionics, functions are NOT what Gulenko&MB-influenced mainstream socionists call "functions". In Model A, functions are cells which are numbered 1-8, and information elements are black and white geometrical shapes.

On Model A, functions are ordered in their priority of perception, like this :

I saw on some website that priority of realisation is :

I. Differentiation of Information : HIGH / LOW = 1234 / 5678
    II. Amount of Information : HIGH / LOW = 1278 / 3456

Two dichotomies are missing now.

Possibly Integration of Information is related to accepting/producing. Don't know yet.

There remains those dichotomies : accepting/producing, inert/contact, verbal/non-verbal, estimated/situational, 1368/2457.

You can also look at this thread, which caracterise information elements on an information acquisition bias : oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?t=11614. Information in this thread resembles more Talanov's approach than Augusta's approach.

I have many hypotheses on that.

- Possibly levels of integration and differentiation are parameters which are different among functions of Judgers and Percievers (like levels of excitation and inhibition in Extrotims and Introtims, in Model T)

- Possibly levels of integration and differentiation are parameters which depends on dimensionality of functions, like :
    Tm = d+i+, St = d+i-, Nr = d-i+, Ex = d-i- (or Nr and Ex reversed)

- Possibly levels of integration and differentiation are not dimensionality-related, but functions 17 = d+i+, 28 = d+i-, 35 = d-i+, 46 = d-i- (or blocks 35 and 46 reversed)

Information, besides their aspects, have other caracteristics when acquired :

- Differentiation
    - Integration
    - Amount
    - Complexity

or possibly other things.

5 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

I recently remembered of a +/- elements description and it says that integration/differentiation is related to +/-, or process/result.

+ would be differential, local, simple and individual.
    - would be integral, global, multiple and collective.

(or some can be reversed ?)

This explains why Process types seem more "absorbed" and "single-tasking" ; and Result types "detached" and "multi-tasking".

Aspects are very difficult to understand sometimes...

But I sense that besides information aspects, there are caracteristics of information as recieved to the psyche. Imagine a non-differentiated psyche. Think of your psyche has being a computer simulation, starting from scratch (i.e. no data in weights) which is composed of 100'000'000 artificial neurons.

Even with less neurons (e.g. 50'000), I think that if you teach something (about a certain aspect) this virtual psyche, it will differentiate slowly. Try to teach your psyche of material. Make it output outward traits of objects when you input objects on the perceptron (You can even try with a 40x60 pixel thing or such).

If theory of information aspects is true, the virtual psyche can differentiate in 16 different patterns. It will better understand some aspects. See this thread : oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?t=11655.

There are other interesting concepts on socionics, such has dimensionality of functions or Model T.

Recently besides after having read of Mitin, I'm asking myself if complex systems' caracteristics differentiate via some sort of golden proportion law (.618 - .382), and integrate via some sort of symmetry law (.500 - .500).

Each type has 30 traits. 15 of those traits are 62%, and others are 38%.

When types seek maximal confort, they integrate by Quadras. Quadras have 50% of 24 traits, 62% of 3 traits and 38% of 3 traits : Judiciousness/Resoluteness, Objectivism/Subjectivism, Aristocracy/Democracy.

Alpha is, for example, 62% Judicious and 38% Resolute, but 50% Constructivist and 50% Emotivist.

Alpha would be certainly 62% and 38% .

I read somewhere that - is symmetrical, and + is golden.