Thread: name that type

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default name that type

What type do you think is more likely to take the advice or opinions of people they trust pretty easily, even if those opinions contradict their previous understand of the subject or their understanding of other related things?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my guess would be xSFx

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as the person lacks intuition and logic, Te vs. Ti is irrelevant?
    SEE

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    As long as the person lacks intuition and logic, Te vs. Ti is irrelevant?
    I would think Ti people are the least likely to take advice from others. They are distrustfull sometimes.

Although Te people are more skeptical hmm....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends from which aspect of reality you want advice. Recently I made the mistake of asking for intuitive material an LSE.

I asked him if doing some action was risky, he said me "no it isn't". SJ people tend to be reckless, because of weak intuition. I mean, Intuition is involved in risk calculating.

An extreme form of SJ would be playing russian roulette everyday lol.

The best conditions to request an advice is asking to someone's dominant information element (function 1).

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xSxj's are often very cautious (overly cautious even)

And I'm not talking about ethical matters... mostly Te and Ti stuff.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Provided I think someone knows what they're talking about, I'll accept their word on the matter unless I know for certain otherwise. Despite what often seems to be the general consensus about Te types being skeptical or critical or whatever, I don't think I'm very critical about what I read/hear/whatever. meh, I dunno.

On the matter of type, I'd say Te>Ti types are more likely then Ti>Te types to trust information from trusted sources regardless of previous knowledge/understanding on the matter. I don't have any theories further than that though.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, what's the advice about?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at least as generally as it is stated here, probably not type related.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're pretty quick to assume I was talking about you.

Actually, most of the friends I've had have been like this (and most have been a lot less hesitant than you to accept advice or information).
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably anyone. I imagine most people take advice fairly readily from people they trust (or at least consider it).

And you are clearly thinking about Kelly. You do this ALL the time, Joy. Your motivations for posting what you post are usually pretty much stamped in the thread subject, and the answers you want are clearly dictated by the way you ask the question.

But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do that. If someone has gained my trust (and uses I suppose), I rethink my opinion to consider what they've said, and sometimes change my opinion.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GillySaysGoodbye
    Probably anyone. I imagine most people take advice fairly readily from people they trust (or at least consider it).
    lol not me... not unless I know they know a lot more on the subject than I do

And you are clearly thinking about Kelly. You do this ALL the time, Joy. Your motivations for posting what you post are usually pretty much stamped in the thread subject, and the answers you want are clearly dictated by the way you ask the question.
    You're right that I do that (like the thread about useful vs. useless emo crap), but in this case you're wrong. I was actually thinking about a few of the people I've been friends with over the years. They actually do it in a different way than Kelly... Kelly at least wants to talk about stuff and asks for explanations and rejects what doesn't make sense to her. Perhaps it's because she's more intelligent than the friends I'm referencing (and not as absurdly hyper and implusive lol).
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would you think being open to learning new things from people means someone is unintelligent? Being open to changing an opinion means being open to new information, and a desire to learn new things. Bullheadedness does not equal intelligence. Some of the dumbest people I know are some of the least likely to change an opinion no matter what. "My mind is made up. Don't bother me with the facts."
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    Why would you think being open to learning new things from people means someone is unintelligent? Being open to changing an opinion means being open to new information, and a desire to learn new things. Bullheadedness does not equal intelligence. Some of the dumbest people I know are some of the least likely to change an opinion no matter what. "My mind is made up. Don't bother me with the facts."
    You're right... but with these people, once they trusted me I could tell them absolutely anything and they'd just take my word for it. I didn't take advantage of that... and they knew I wouldn't, which is probably why they didn't see a need to doubt me. And it wasn't always about facts, either. My opinions were readily taken as their own, though with opinions they would ask more questions to make sure they at least somewhat understood their new opinion.

I do see this as a Ti PoLR trait, btw, though obviously not all ExFps are that readily influenced. It was like... they knew they could totally trust me not to take advantage (strong Fi), and they knew that I was often right about stuff, both factually and as to whether or not doing something was a good idea (and they could always tell when I was saying something with a tongue in cheek tone, unlike people around here... ), so they didn't see any reason to concern themselves with Ti things that they'd rather not have to deal with.
    SEE