View Poll Results: what is the type of Anais Nin?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

2 100.00%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Anais Nin

Default Anais Nin

An interesting person to type...I read some stuff about her, very little, and sometimes I would come by small information that was like exactly the stuff you read in mbti profiles for certain types.

Biography
    Wikiquotes

Last edited by silke; 08-06-2015 at 05:55 AM. Reason: updated links

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFJ IMO
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by somethingsomething
    An interesting person to type...I read some stuff about her, very little, and sometimes I would come by small information that was like exactly the stuff you read in mbti profiles for certain types.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ana%C3%AFs_Nin
    http://www.anaisnin.com/
    v.i. ~ ESFj

I thought of enfj, too, or maybe enfp.

TIM
    EIE (-Ni?)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She said some very wise things. IEI?

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she's my favorite writer Beta NF maybe?
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From VI alone, I would say SEI, LSI, perhaps IEI are possibilities. Introvert, Fe/Ti.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta NF. Beta at the very least. I love her quotes.

An example:
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaïs Nin
    I am only responsible for my own heart, you offered yours up for the smashing my darling. Only a fool would give out such a vital organ.

TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

INFp-Fe sp/sx 4w3

the quote below suggests that she had some typical IP temperament issues with inertia and scarcity of new impressions:

"You live like this, sheltered, in a delicate world, and you believe you are living. Then you read a book (Lady Chatterley, for instance), or you take a trip, or you talk with Richard, and you discover that you are not living, that you are hibernating. The symptoms of hibernating are easily detectable: first, restlessness. The second symptom (when hibernating becomes dangerous and might degenerate into death): absence of pleasure. That is all. It appears like an innocuous illness. Monotony, boredom, death. Millions live like this (or die like this) without knowing it. They work in offices. They drive a car. They picnic with their families. They raise children. And then some shock treatment takes place, a person, a book, a song, and it awakens them and saves them from death." — Anaïs Nin

"Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death." — Anaïs Nin (dynamic type)

and these quotes are simply radiating image triad aspirations:

"I disregard the proportions, the measures, the tempo of the ordinary world. I refuse to live in the ordinary world as ordinary women. To enter ordinary relationships. I want ecstasy. I am a neurotic — in the sense that I live in my world. I will not adjust myself to the world. I am adjusted to myself." — Anaïs Nin

"I need a place where I can shout and weep. I have to be a Spanish savage at some time of the day. I record here the hysteria life causes in me. The overflow of an undisciplined extravagance. To hell with taste and art, with all contractions and polishings. Here I shout, I dance, I weep, I gnash my teeth, I go mad — all by myself, in bad English, in chaos. It will keep me sane for the world and for art." — Anaïs Nin ("undisciplined extravagance" - type 4)

"I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls." — Anaïs Nin
    Last edited by silke; 08-06-2015 at 05:56 AM.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read her diaries! She's definitely an IEI 4w3, Fe subtype (if that exists!). She's all about romantic love, insight, fantasy drenched idealization of the world. You get a sense she's always performing - the 3wing. But she's very reflective and intuitive, she is more in her mind and insights and ideas than she is in her life. She is about connections, but the romanticism of the connection, the connection through the lens, of all it's meaning to her personally - so fourish. She is vulnerable and swept away by strong characters, like Henry Miller - SLE ^_^! And June. She becomes intoxicated on her notions of people - yet she always hides parts of herself, waiting to come alive in a connection, to be saved by those she idealizes, but never being able to make this a reality. She is full of color and magic. She's beautiful - I love her!

I really relate to this quote;

“There were always in me, two women at least, one woman desperate and bewildered, who felt she was drowning and another who would leap into a scene, as upon a stage, conceal her true emotions because they were weaknesses, helplessness, despair, and present to the world only a smile, an eagerness, curiosity, enthusiasm, interest.”

defintely an IEI
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

iei

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh. I hate this bitch. She was *so* manipulative. She actually managed to keep two families (husbands) and children at the same time for years and years. She was really an incredibly selfish horrible bitch. Plus she couldn't write for shit and depended entirely on shock value.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, she sounds like a horribly selfish person.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just now came to the forum to see if there was a thread on her type and found this one bumped. Interesting. Anyway, iei yes, and certainly 4w3.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

sometimes typed INFP in mbti and she VIs Ne/Si-ish imo. a Feeler from what she writes.

But given her life .... I kinda find it hard to correlate her to EII and Delta values.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incest:...ournal_of_Love

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dinki View Post
    I've read her diaries! She's definitely an IEI 4w3, Fe subtype (if that exists!). She's all about romantic love, insight, fantasy drenched idealization of the world. You get a sense she's always performing - the 3wing. But she's very reflective and intuitive, she is more in her mind and insights and ideas than she is in her life. She is about connections, but the romanticism of the connection, the connection through the lens, of all it's meaning to her personally - so fourish. She is vulnerable and swept away by strong characters, like Henry Miller - SLE ^_^! And June. She becomes intoxicated on her notions of people - yet she always hides parts of herself, waiting to come alive in a connection, to be saved by those she idealizes, but never being able to make this a reality. She is full of color and magic. She's beautiful - I love her!

I really relate to this quote;

“There were always in me, two women at least, one woman desperate and bewildered, who felt she was drowning and another who would leap into a scene, as upon a stage, conceal her true emotions because they were weaknesses, helplessness, despair, and present to the world only a smile, an eagerness, curiosity, enthusiasm, interest.”

defintely an IEI
    savvvy post IEI it is.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't this the one whose rose bud opened up?
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In all seriousness, I think poetically she has done a lot for women by giving them an alternative voice where they can be both vulnerable, mysterious, powerful AND submissive, subduable, erotically attracted to masculinity without shame or pious self-conciousness.
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

INFJ(?)
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors